Monday, 8 May 2017

Morning all, and another week begins ...

Welcome to the start of a new week,

I know I don't usually post on a Monday but I have been unusually craft-y over the weekend and couldn't wait to share my card made using NBUS (Never Before used Stash .... as coined by the delightful, Darnell).


My card
And the bling/sparkle in more detail!
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and cut to 5" x 3¾" 
  • Piece of grey card cut to 5¼" x 4"
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle silhouette and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "swipe" and "splatter" images stamped using Ranger Archival vibrant pink ink
  • I used Ranger Archival shadow grey to stamp the silhouette for the insert as I needed to overlap the sentiment ever so slightly ..
  • Rubbernecker sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faux crystal gemstone
  • Stardust stickles to over write the text "sparkle" with sparkle!!!



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 242 - ANYTHING GOES and/or FEMININE CARDS
  2. Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 134 - FOR THE GIRLS (use a feminine image)
  3. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - April 29th challenge - "Y" IS FOR YIPPEE!
  4. AAA Cards - challenge No. 89 - BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

And, using more stash .. I made this


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4 and 5" x 3¾"
  • Burgundy card cut to 5" x 3¾"
  • Snippets of both cards for the image panel and sentiment
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "swipe" image and Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival vermilion (NBUS)
  • Stampers Anonymous frame image and Inkadinkado thistle image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 46 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 476 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Little Miss Muffet - challenge No. 162 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 143 - CAS (Clean And Simple)

And my new stash? Well, that came from a Scrap and Stamp show I attended at the weekend - check out my (very reserved IMHO) haul .... looking forward to playing with the rest of this though I think I'll need to deploy my MISTI for the two part wine bottle image




17 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your great silhouette card - the touch of pink was perfect with the black. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pattie's Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab cards and stash

Jane said...

Gorgeous cars. Love the bright and funky first card, nice and CAS! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

SARN said...

Yeah . . . that WAS pretty reserved shopping for you Kathy! I'm totally amazed at your frugality!

LOVE the two cards you made with your new stash though. The first one is very sassy and the second will be suitable for either sex.

Happy Monday

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy and I love the sweet silhouette lady and the swipe and splatter images work well, and the second card and love the use of the swipe image with the thistles...great! Quite restrained shopping but some beautiful stamps which I'm sure we will see lots of in the future. x

Debs M said...

great haul and makes - loving the silhouette stamp set x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous stamp cards Kathy....love them both...also love the inside and the envelope!
Thank you for playing with LMMS.
xxx Margreet

Cara said...

Two fab cards, love the hint of sparkle and bling on the first one. Your new stash looks yummy. Cara x

serendipity said...

Great NBUS card Kathy, bet you wish you'd dragged that stamp out before now! Love her sassy pose and super treatment, those dots/splashes round her are brill.
Super get well card too, love the strong colour

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous silhouette card Kathy! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Sherri said...

Great CAS silhouette card! Love the pop of color & simplicity of your design! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Dotty Jo x said...

You've got some very, very tempting new stash on show, Kathy! Love your card(s), thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Coralynn Murray said...

Lovely cards! I love the bold black silhouette images with the pop of colour in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'For the Girls' Challenge #134!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Lindsey said...

Love the way you decorate your cards and envelopes! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Donna said...

Fab cards! Love your coordinating envelopes!
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for Y is for Yipee!