Friday, 26 May 2017

Morning all, welcome to the start of the weekend ...

Hi there, readers,

Hoping you've all had as good a week as I have - how's the weather? We Brits do love to talk about the weather, but I am curious!

Anyhoo .... there I was shopping away and I saw a gift that I knew my pal would like, it wasn't expensive but I felt she would appreciate it as a RAK. I decided to make it a little more special and wrap it ........ so much nicer than just handing it over, since it wasn't for a special occasion I thought the ..... just because sentiment would work - hope you agree. And the great news is that I didn't write the tag so she can upcycle it for another occasion, the bag came with some craft shopping and the ribbon, well - that came around a set of dish towels so, bag and ribbon already upcycled once but ready to go round again!

My tag
And the wrapped gift
Materials used:
  • Kraft tag
  • Stampers Anonymous crazy (mini) dog and Fiskars sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hero Arts film border stamped (to "ground" my pooch) using Ranger Archival library green ink
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils, white gelly roll gel pen and a Signo gold uniball gel pen used to colour the image
  • To complete the package I used a store bag and some off white grosgrain ribbon (which came wrapped around a set of dish towels!)



And on to a masculine card, though I would happily send this to a woman too .. this was part of a 5-10 card commission and had been specified as "leave blank" for own greeting to be added.


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾" along with a DCWV panel (from the Old World stack) cut to the larger size
  • Dina Wakley star stamped using Versafine Imperial blue ink
  • MFT splatter stamped using Ranger Archival mini in grey shadow




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Kraftin Kimmie - May 23rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Inspiration Destination - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Penny's Challenge - challenge No. 330 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Stampavie - challenge No. 287 - MAN or BOY

It's my sister-in-law's birthday today so, please join me in wishing Ann a very

Was lucky enough to be picked for a TOP 3 at Winter Wonderland this week, thanks so much peeps.


christmasblog 


9 comments:

SARN said...

Those mini dogs are so sweet! LOVE how you coloured this one. Great tag and a nice addition to your RAK.

Star card works equally well for either sex I reckon. It's fab.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love your cute tag Kathy which looks great on the wrapped parcel for your friend, and the card with the pretty blue striped star image and that gently patterned background paper is very striking. x

Liz said...

Glorious day here too, Kathy, but I guess you know that. 😉

Really cute tag and great upcycling. Super star card, love the splattered shadow. xx

lilian said...

Cute tag Kathy, and a great card,

lilian

Cara said...

Congrats on you win. Love the little tag you made and the upcycling aspect. Your card is lovely, so arty. I'm currently melting....

tampatha said...

The tag is adorable and looks great with the wrapping! The card is awesome too and perfect for either a guy or a girl! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's this week! Hope you will play again soon!

Jean said...

What a great gift tag, loving the idea of colouring on Kraft card.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xxx

Jolanda Breedvelt said...

Beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Inspiration Destination I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda
(DT member)

Billie A said...

Darling tag. Perfect for the present. I like the cute image. So glad you shared over at Stampavie and More.
Billie A
Stampavie and More
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments