Thursday, 11 May 2017

Oh My Gosh .. a Thursday post too!

Morning folks,

I'm having a very craft-y week this week and have made quite a few cards. I realise that posting four or five in each post probably means people only skim straight through and leave a general comment so I thought I would restrict myself to two projects per post which has resulted in a post every day this week which is rather unusual these days.

When I first started blogging I posted every day but then realised I was spending so much time on my blog that I wasn't getting anything else done, so, I started to ration my time a little and posted only on Wednesday (for WOYWW), Friday (originally for the Friday Funny), Saturday (for my fave challenges) and Sunday ,,, well, Sunday was just because I generally had more time.

Anyhoo, I digress, you probably stopped by to see what I've made or followed a link from a challenge I will have entered so - on to my make ....

My card

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • One piece of burgundy card cut to 5¼" x 4"
  • Snippets of card in white, light grey and burgundy - for my image panel
  • Rubber Stampede Wood mounted (NBUS) Santa stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (for the insert I used Ranger Archival grey shadow)
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to add colour, Mod Podge dimensional gloss (to give his glasses lenses!) and diamond stickles to bling up his beard and the snowflakes!
  • Carta Bella sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink



I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - May challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. The Holly and the ivy - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 332 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES + OPTIONAL (but not used) TWIST: ADD SOME BELLS
  4. ABC of Christmas - May 3rd challenge - J is for JINGLE BELLS and/or K is for KEEP IT SIMPLE ... I went with the K option!

I LOVE that Santa image and had him on my list for quite some considerable time. I started looking in earnest around November last year only to find out that he appeared to have been discontinued. I scoured eBay only to find that he WAS available, if I wanted to pay $25 and upwards + shipping!!! A little more digging and I found him in a clear stamp set from Habico AND that he came in two sizes so, I bought both. Imagine my joy when, on Tuesday, I shopping with my pal, Sally and her cousin and I spotted him for a good price and, wait for it, I even had a 40% discount coupon so snagged him for FOUR POUNDS FIFTY! YAY! I'm so happy to have snagged him for myself - if you could see me now, I'd STILL be doing my little happy dance but (trust me) you do NOT want to see that!

And a more masculine card now .... 


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • One piece of navy card cut to 5¼" x 4"
  • Snippets of card in white and navy for my image panel
  • Dina Wakley stars stamped using Ranger Archival vermilion ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Memento luxe nautical blue ink




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. The Male Room - challenge No. 60 - STARS
  2. My Time To Craft - challenge No. 345 - MASCULINE
  3. Crazy4challenges - challenge No. 384 - THANK YOU CARD
  4. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 41 - ANYTHING GOES



Recently, our good friends, Sally and Roger gave hubby and I a gift each ... a silly little giftie designed to bring a smile. Mine? Well, mine was a purple flip flop luggage tag and hubbys was a minion hot dog cart (some assembly required) ... it fires little hot dogs! Thanks so much peeps - they must think we're BANANAS!!!

Adorable or what??




11 comments:

SARN said...

No . . . they think you are HOT DOGS! LOL!

Loving the Santa card. It really is an excellent image and beautifully coloured.

The star card is also brilliant and I like the layout.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love your Santa card Kathy and I have the mini version but haven't't inked him yet, but your beautifully coloured one gas I spired me to do so soon. The red stars and the navy background is a great colour combination and perfect for a fella. I love hubby's sweet gift too. x

Cara said...

I love how you bought out the blue in his eyes with the blue in the snowflakes. Love your thank you card too, beautifully CAS. Cara x

Jane said...

Oooo such a gorgeous Santa stamp, love him! And then my CAS heart kicks in and I appreciate the stars in a line card too. Thanks for playing at TMR.

Amber said...

Kathy - that Santa image is one of my all-time favourites! Both of your projects this week are wonderful! Thanks for joining us over at Crazy 4 Challenges!

lilian said...

Love the Santa Kathy, the other card in great as well,
That was kind of Sally and Roger to give you gifts

Lilian

Deb said...

Such awesome cards, Kathy. Thank you for linking your masculine card at My time to Craft
~DT Deb xx

Jackie C said...

This is pure class, love it! Thanks for linking at Holly & Ivy, Jackie DT member xx

serendipity said...

2 great cards. Congrats on finding your Santa - is he a different size from both of your others? Great to have the variety. (You're wrong about the happy dance!)
I think CAS is especially great for thank you cards and this one's super.

Victoria Rowson said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog! I hope that you can join in again soon.

Gail said...

I adore this Santa card. I think this is my favorite of all time. What a great layout to use for this fabulous image! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail