Saturday, 20 May 2017

Saturday and a later post from me

Hi there,

Hope you've all had a good week .. with some sunshine too. In case not .. perhaps this cute little chap, made in to a tag, will raise a smile on your face - I certainly hope so...

My Tag
Materials used:
  • Kraft tag
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • On the reverse of the tag I stamped the Fiskars "to" and "from" using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous mini dog image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour image, blending with the Finesse blending pen
  • Diamond stickles to highlight



And now, since it's Saturday, you'll be expecting a card from me ... I do seem to enjoy making more masculine looking cards although this could easily be sent to female friends too.


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • Navy card cut to 5¼" x 4"
  • Snippets of card in both white and navy
  • I applied Distress Ink in salty ocean and faded jeans using a sponge and then sponged faded jeans through the geometric Tim Holtz stencil
  • Tim Holtz Artistry diamond image stamped using Ranger Archival grey shadow ink
  • Tim Holtz Artistry grungey numbers stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stampendous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink

Hope this was geometric enough (or even geometrY, har har!!!) The eagle eyed among you may spot my deliberate error (?!?!?) - having stamped the sentiment on the envelope I dropped the stamp - DUH! Hence stamping more than once - to camouflage it, a little! Hope it worked




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 329 - GEOMETRIC
  2. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 371 - ANYTHING GOES + twist of MORE THAN TWO LAYERS (four layers of card and fur layers of stamping/stencilling)
  3. Daring Cardmakers - May 19th challenge - ONLY TWO COLOURS (Blue and grey - check!)
  4. Creative Friday - challenge No. 179 - CARD FOR A MAN or FATHERS DAY




19 comments:

SARN said...

Absolutely gorgeous dog tag!!!

Fab design for the card too.

Xxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fabulous card, and a great colour combo! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Susan said...

Terrific design. The modern design is just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Marina said...

Yes, I must admit that many of the cards I would enter into Masculine challenges are cards that I would really be just as happy to give to a woman. These are two great, gender neutral cards. The colouring on the dog is wonderful.

Esther said...

Love that crazy dog! Great colouring. Your card for our geometric challenge is fantastic - the diamond pattern in the background with the random fonts of the numbers on top is a great combination! Super card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

lilian said...

Great Tag and card Mate,

That is a really nice dog image on the tag,

Lilian

Pat said...

A fun kraft tag with that sweet and funny dog Kathy, and I love the card using the numbers and the geometric stamps and stencil in those pretty shades of blue and grey. x

Liz said...

Two great projects, Kathy. The little dog is so cute - I love his expression! Great card design too. xx

Trina P. said...

Great card. Love the diamond background and the monochromatic colour. The numbers make it so fun. Blue is my favourite colour, so I definitely agree that this would work for both male or female. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Craft-E-Place said...

Love the tag and your card is fabulous!
Elaine

Janette said...

Both makes are lovely..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Gerrina said...

Love the little guy on the kraft; so beautiful coloured!
But since blue is "my colour" I just love your LIM card! Hope you have a sunny day!

Cara said...

The dog tag is just too cute and I love your numbers card, didn't spot any mistakes on the envelope, looked just like it had been planned. Cara x

cotnob said...

A super tag Kathy and fabulous card - lovely blues and great CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, yes your card is fully perfect for men. Simple, without a lot of frills, just perfect for masculine card!
Hugs Claudia

Susan said...

It is a perfect card for a guy...but you're right it could also be for a female! Love the color combo. You're much more creative than me. If I'd have dropped the stamp, I probably would have thrown that envelope away and started over! So...Good for you!!

Beate Rauer said...

great work! Thanks for joining us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

Sharon said...

Such a professional-looking card Kathy. Perfect inky sponging for the geometric shapes and layering them up like that is a super idea. Yes, deffo a card for either male or female. Your dog tag is adorable too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Dawn said...

Fabulous and a great layout. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. X