Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Tuesday and something slightly different from me today

Morning all

I'm a card maker .... OK, so I sometimes make ATC's and scrapbook and do the occasional art journalling but I am, primarily, a card maker. However, every so often I see something that makes me want to venture from my comfort zone ... saw a video on facebook and thought I would give it a go ...

The completed "ZINE"
My folded copier paper
One view of my folded and embellished "ZINE"
And the other way up - so you don't have to stand on your head!
Materials used
  • Copier paper
  • Card (to make the covers)
  • Narrow white satin ribbon - to hold the "ZINE" closed
  • Stamps and inks from sets in the photos below
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils
  • Diamond stickles to bling up the page which says "never let anyone dull your sparkle"!




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Dream Valley - challenge No. 157 - MORE THAN ONE FOLD
  2. Path of Positivity - challenge No. 49 - PRESENT NOT PERFECT

And the video? See below


Have a go, if you like ... 

And now ... something more within my comfort zone, an ATC ..


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card: DCWV Old World stack, navy card, white card
  • Recollections monster stamped on to white snippet using Memento tuxedo black
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour
  • Inkadinkado circles images stamped using Ranger Archival mini's paradise teal and cobalt blue
  • Aqua pro marker used to "ground" and add shade to my monster
  • Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen used to doodle border
  • Diamond stickles to add bling




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES (eyes/doodles)
  2. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1722 - ANYTHING GOES

Whaddya think? Too busy? Either way .....have a great TUESDAY peeps

7 comments:

SARN said...

OOH! Top marks for getting out of your comfort zone and making something utterly fabulous into the bargain!

Hee hee . . . LOVING the monster ATC too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

The 'ZINE' looks fantastic Kathy and love all the images you have used, and the pretty flower on the front in those bright and pretty colours, and your monster ATC works well too. I love the white doodling and all the shades of blue look great. x

Cara said...

What a fab project, so much work involved decorating it. Love your ATC too, it made me smile x

Carole said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our 'more than 1 fold' Challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Kath Stewart said...

great projects Kathy and your ATC is adorable...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Julie Odil said...

Love your 'zine', Kathy. And, the ATC is adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Path of Positivity Challenge blog. Julie, DT member

Helen said...

Love your zine, Kathy - it's a great, fun project.

Thanks for joining us at the Path of Positivity.

Helen x