Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Welcome to Wednesday ... it's downhill all the way to the weekend!

Morning,

Hope your week is going along well and that you are (well, the crafters among you) all finding time to hit the ToC (that's Table of Craftiness) too.

Many of you know I swap ATC's with a buddy who lives on the Isle of Skye, we've been doing this for eleven years and, for most of those, have been swapping materials .... we got a little tired of this swap and decided to set themes instead. This ATC is for the "CYCLES" theme, for May, I can share it now as my swap buddy SHOULD have received it by now!

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black and white
  • I cut the black card to ATC size and adhered to the flimzy ATC blank
  • Crafty Individuals image stamped on to white snippet of card and then trimmed to fit the black matting layer, leaving a 1.6mm border
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool I applied Distress Inks: tea dye, vintage photo, ground espresso
  • When dry I added a little muted colour with Coloursoft pencils: red. electric blue, blue, lime green, deep cadmium yellow, bright orange - blending with sansodor and a paper stump
  • I sprayed a little Crafters Companion Spray and Shine - to seal the water based inks before coating acrylic wax using a credit card, which gave my ATC texture
  • Once the wax was dry I buffed with a cloth to give it a nice waterproof sheen


Woo Hoo! Just discovered I was in the TOP 5 over at Try It On Tuesday, thanks so much peeps. My entry was for their "Little Things Mean a Lot" May 9th challenge.

 

4 comments:

Pat said...

This vintage style ATC is beautiful Kathy and the acrylic wax has given it a lovely shine. x

SARN said...

Congrats on your win mate. Well deserved.

GREAT ATC for the theme. Never heard of the wax . . . but it looks interesting!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lillianb said...

Lovely ATC mate,

Congratulations on your top five,

Lilian

Cara said...

Beautiful ATC, love the vintage feel. Congratulations too on your well deserved win x