Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Welcome to Wednesday

Morning all,

My first make has an entirely vintage feel to it, not my usual style I grant you but I was quite taken with the image and, until I saw this, I was unfamiliar with the brand so, without further ado ..... here it is....

My card
And a closer view of my coloured image
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my envelope and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • Burgundy and grey card used to mat with a narrow border
  • Funny Bones image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (Ranger Archival shadow grey for the insert)
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour, blended with a Finesse blender pen
  • Recollections and Hero Arts sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss used on the glasses and stardust stickles to highlight



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 188 - ADD A SENTIMENT
  2. Fairytale challenge - challenge No. 168 - FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT
  3. Unicorn challenge - challenge No. 21 - SPECIAL OCCASION
  4. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 41 - ANYTHING GOES


And I have a quick (ish) ATC to share too .... using another new image from a company I was previously unfamiliar with - YAY!


My ATC
And a closer view which I HOPE will show the stickles (rollers) and gloss (mug)
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, aubergine and white
  • Gourmet Rubber Stamps image stamped on to white snippet using Memento tuxedo black
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour image ... once coloured I fussy cut round the image
  • Lime organza ribbon wrapped around the aubergine layer and taped in to place
  • On to the ATC blank I matted grey and then aubergine, leaving a narrow border
  • My Sentiments Exactly line of circles stamped using Versacolour gold ink
  • Once my ATC was assembled I used a Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen (white) to doodle a border around the image panel and around the outer matting layer
  • Stardust stickles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss to just finish it off




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Tuesdsay Throwdown - challenge No. 342 - DOODLES
  2. Try It On Tuesday - May 9th challenge - LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - May 9th - 15th - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Cards and More - challenge No. 184 - FOR WOMEN
And, since it IS WOYWW, here's how the desk is looking at the purple palace today



18 comments:

SARN said...

Well doesn't EVERYONE need sparkly rollers????? Love the ATC. Great vintage feel card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two brilliant creations Kathy and the first image does look very vintage and works well for an anniversary, and your sweet and funny lady and I love her sparkly rollers and the glossy mug, and both images coloured beautifully. Your desk looks as though you have been busy too. x

Cara said...

Two fabulous creations. Isn't it great when we discover new brands, although that's not what my credit card says! Cara x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi your cards are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 21 “Special Occasions.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Meggymay said...

Thank you for joining us and sharing your fun ATC with us over at TioT's.
Yvonne

Darnell said...

A card and an ATC and your desk?!! What a bonanza! Love your creations, Kathy! Why do I feel like the first one means "together with their drinkie poos?," haha! Slurp! And that lady on your ATC looks like she might have had too many the night before! Fantastic execution on everything, as always!! Hugs, Darnell

Margaret Mifsud said...

Both your card and the ATC are absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous stamps and great colouring!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers! x

June Macfarlane said...

Love the card and the atc is just fabulous, how fun they are.
Hugs June x

lilian said...

Great card and ATC Kathy, Well done on the colouring

Lilian


Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. Marlene DT

Kati said...

cheers! Great Card! Thanks for showing it for the fairytale challenge. I love your blogoutfit too!
hugs
mamapia

cecilia gunnarsson said...

Love them Both!!!!
So beutiful!! wonderful creations! It's just gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to visit my blog}

Marjut said...

Beautiful card and ATC. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Pam said...

Love the image and CAS design. Unique vintage image, beautifully colored. Thank you for sharing your design in our Add a Sentiment Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
:) Pam

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fun! Great card and pleased to see you at Try It On Tuesday too! Chrisx

Maike von maikreations said...

What a fun ATC ;o) Thank you for joining our "Women's Card" challenge over at the Cards und More blog. Happy crafting and all the best, Maike

Peggy T. said...

Super cute cards. Thank for joining our Crafty Cardmakers' "Add A Sentiment" challenge.

Peggy DT

Bianca said...

Your projects are both looking great! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. xx Bianca DT