Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning,

How is your week going? Mine's going pretty well and I'm still crafting my socks off ... another of the glorious cat/dog set from Stampers Anonymous to share with you today - so very glad I succumbed recently and even more glad that I'm enjoying them as much as I'd hoped but, weirdly, the image I bought the set for is not the one I've subsequently fallen in love with - the one below appears to be my fave.


My ATC
And a closer view
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, burgundy and white
  • I applied Distress Inks in wild honey and barn door using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool. Adding the Tim Holtz houndstooth stencil I then added more of the barn door
  • Stampers Anonymous dog image stamped using Memento tuxedo black on to my ATC inked card and on to another white snippet
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour my image, blending with the FABULOUS Finesse blending pen (a very recent goldmine find) before fussy cutting out and gluing over my stamped image on the inked panel (why ink here too? Well I have no patience for cutting out whiskers for one but it also helped with the placement of the sentiment and stencilling
  • Tim Holtz Artistry sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I "grounded" my crazy pooch with a cool grey 1 copic marker
  • Diamond stickles to add a little sparkle
  • Mod Podge dimensional glaze to give him a shiny nose
  • Black Faber Castell pitt pen to doodle borders on both the burgundy and grey layers



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 300 - USE SCRAPS
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 57 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 188 - ADD A SENTIMENT
  4. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 159 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Try It On Tuesdays - May 9th challenge - LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT

And, since I cant get enough colouring practise ...


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 5¼" x 4 and 5" x 3¾"
  • One piece of DCWV card (from the Old World stack) cut to 5¼" x 4"
  • Art Impression image and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Derwent Coloursoft and Prismacolour "scholar" pencils used to colour, blended with the Finesse blender pen
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss and Diamond stickles used to highlight




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:- 
  1. Artistic Inspirations - challenge No. 179 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  2. Cards in Envy - May 15th challenge  - ANYTHING GOES/FAVE COLOUR COMBO (purples and blues)
  3. Cards and More - challenge No. 184 - FOR WOMEN


And here's my trusty, if slightly messy workdesk ..



13 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Both of these are gorgeous but I really love the ATC. The stamp is such fun and I love the sentiment you matched it with .. a perfect combination. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

SARN said...

Love the funny pug puppy & he matches the sentiment perfectly.
Love a bit of humour in a birthday card & yr older ladies card is just terrific xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fabulous ATCs! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Pat said...

I love both creations Kathy with lots of fabulous colouring. The ladies with their glasses of wine are such fun and with a wonderful sentiment, and the ATC with that cute dog and the very appropriate houndstooth stencilling in the background is great. Don't know if you have noticed but Happy Little Stampers are starting an ATC challenge on 11th June which will be right up your street. Your workdesk looks as though there has been plenty of action too. x

Cara said...

Love your humour in both these fab makes. Cara x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant ATC! Love those little dogs anyway and your colouring is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Not joining in with WOYWW this week but good to see your desk! Chrisx

PaperCraft Happy said...

Hi Kathy,
Very cool cards. I like the dimensional glaze! The wine stands out of the card :) Thank you for playing with us at Artistic Inspirations Challenges
. Have a great day! -DT

Pam said...

Really cool background and fantabulous coloring of the crazy dog. Love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing your design in our "Add a Sentiment" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam

Ine Swinkels said...

very nice. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Shylaa Shree said...

fun with colouring, lovely card.
Good luck & Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration Challenge Blog.
Shylaa DT@Artistic Inspiration
Adhiraacreations

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your wacky friends card and your color combo! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Jac Curran said...

Super cute ATC and great image and sentiment, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Michelle said...

The three women are great. And I love the sentiment to it.
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)