Saturday, 6 May 2017

Woo Hoo! It's' the weekend!

Hi readers,


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 25-gsm, card and matching size envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾" + snippets
  • One piece of grey card cut to 5¼"x 4" + snippets
  • Snippets of burgundy card
  • Taping one of the snippets of white card in place I sponged Distress Ink in barn door through  Tim Holtz stencil using a sponge and set aside to dry
  • Once dry I gave it a squirt of spray sealant before matting on burgundy and then grey card
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to small snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink before matting on to burgundy then grey layers
  • Three faux crystal gemstones sited on sentiment and image panel
  • For the inside, reverse and envelope I used the Hero Arts scribble heart and Memento sweet plum ink 
  • Stardust stickles to further bling it up!



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 129 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Fussy and Fancy Friday - challenge No. 186 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. That's Crafty - April challenge - BRIGHT

And here's another for you .....


My card
The front, back and inside of my card
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5" x 4" and 4¾" x 3¾" + snippet 
  • One piece of grey card cut to 5" x 4" + snippet
  • MFT line image stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow
  • MFT splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival shadow grey ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 327 - COLOUR CHALLENGE ... Yellow and Grey
  2. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 476 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dragons Lair - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Neet - one of the LIM Design Team - thanks for the inspiration week after week.

Also found out that one of my makes was awarded A Princess of Snark over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - thanks so much peeps, you can see my make below left


  


12 comments:

Sharon said...

Quick off the mark again Kathy! What a yummy stencil that arty heart one is - thought it'd be a TH one before I saw your photo of the items used. It looks so rich in that beautiful red. Your luscious lemon and groovy grey have captured my heart though. The random stripes make a lovely background for the bold splats. Fab work as always. Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx

SARN said...

The anniversary card is marvellous and so is the LIM yellow & grey CAS card.

Congrats on becoming a Snarky Princess xxx

The Crafty Critter said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenges.
-Miranda DT
TheCraftyCritter.com

Pat said...

Two great cards Kathy, and I love the TH stencil you have used on the first in that pretty red, and the lines with the splatters work beautifully on the second. Congratulations on being given a Princess of Snark award. x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful cards. Love the bold red colour of your first card - perfect for an anniversary card. And your LIM birthday card is so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at LIM.

serendipity said...

Both are fab cards Kathy, really striking. It's a great stencil. I'm off to a show tomorrow so I'll look out for it.

serendipity said...

forgot to say congrats on your snarky princess-ship

Maaike Uijthoven said...

gorgeous

Esther said...

Congrats on the snarky award, Kathy! Well deserved! Loving both your cards which are so vibrant and bold. The grey and yellow one for our colour challenge is wonderfully contemporary and clean in feel. The elements work perfectly together for a great look. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Cara said...

Congratulations on your well deserved snark award! Two great cards today, I do love the way you decorate the insides, back and envelopes, I've run out of steam by then! Cara x

Pat K said...

Great cards..love the hearts on the envelope. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Pat K x

Susan said...

Love how you coordinated the cards and the envelope! Perfect! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!