Friday, 9 June 2017

It's ALMOST the weekend again!

Morning peeps,

As the title says, it's ALMOST the weekend, got anything nice planned? Hope so, hope you enjoy it too.

Of course, the weather hasn't really helped ... first it's hot, then it's cold, then it's hot and wet next it's cold and wet!!! Put it this way, we're not planning a BBQ this weekend!

I recently acquired a set of number dies ... I don't own a lot of dies so was quite excited to have some new stash. However, before separating the numbers I wondered if I might use them in one piece ..... I kind of wish the 1 and the 3 had been up the right way but hey ...... I quite like the finished card though I'm still pondering generating the sentiment "Age? It's just a number" .. whaddya reckon? Yes or No? Turned out to be a relatively quick and simple (IMHO) card though and I'm happy


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card and the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 11cm square
  • One piece of red card cut to 10cm square
  • MFT Die-namics numbers die taped on to one piece of the white card and run through my Big Shot
  • Die cut panel adhered to my red card panel and the centres from the numbers glued in place too
  • The image panel attached to my base card using dimensional foam tape
  • For the co-ordinating card panels I stamped the Kaisercraft numbers using Memento London fog ink and the Stamp Out Your Art and Funstamps sentiments using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Penny's challenge - challenge No. 332 - QUICK AND EASY
  2. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 343 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Moments - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING GOES with the optional twist of BIRTHDAY
  4. Southern Girls - challenge No. 161 - ANYTHING GOES


8 comments:

Lillianb said...

I quite like the card Kathy, Its different with the numbers like that,

Lilian

Cara said...

I like the quirky feel with the odd rotated number, great idea to die cut them like that to make a card. Have a fab weekend x

Pat said...

With two of the numbers round the other way this makes a very arty card Kathy and love the red, a great way of using this NBUS die. x

cotnob said...

What a good idea Kathy, a great way to use your new dies.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Fun, quirky card, Kathy......and yes, age IS just a number! xx

MaryV said...

Great clean and simpl card! Love it! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Mary DT xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Clever idea with the numbers. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (dt)

Sollan said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for participating over at Creative Moments Challenge