Friday, 23 June 2017

Welcome to (almost) the weekend!

Morning readers,

Well after a week of being hotter than Hades it was fabulous yesterday, managed to cool my bedroom by nearly 7°during yesterday, and slept MUCH more comfortably last night - YAY!

I've an ATC to share with you today. Many of you will recall that I swap with a buddy on the Isle of Skye and whilst we USED to swap materials, we now swap themed ATC's and September's theme is HOUSES ... what better excuse to break out the "haunted" house images, ready for Halloween! I know ... a little early but hey, when it gets here I'll be ready!

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of card in black, orange and white
  • On to the larger snippet of white card I stamped the Inkadinkado haunted house image using Versafine onyx black ink
  • On the smaller white snippet I stamped the Graphic 45 sentiment using Memento tuxedo black ink and then cut it out
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool I applied Distress Ink in stormy sky to the remaining white area, using the leftover ink to colour the sentiment snippet
  • Recollections "drip" border stamped using Ranger Archival majestic violet
  • Taking a white Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen I added  highlights to the text and "whitened" the windows of the house and then, with a pitt pen, I drew a border around both the image and sentiment panels
  • Finally, I applied a layer of Crafters Companion spray and shine to seal and protect the Distress Ink



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. CASology - challenge No. 254 - HOUSE
  2. Crafty Sentiments - June 20th challenge - ADD A SENTIMENT
  3. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 128 - ANY HOLIDAY ... Halloween!


And on to another holiday .. this time Christmas and an ATC ... I just can't seem to stop myself making them!

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of red card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card cut to slightly smaller than ATC size
  • Carabelle truck image and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Ink in tumbled glass applied to the white card, avoiding the glass of the truck, using a Tim Holtz mini blender
  • Once dry I applied a light coating of Crafters Companion spray and shine to both fix and protect the water based ink
  • Carabelle tree image stamped using Ranger Archival library green ink
  • Carabelle snowflakes stamped using Memento Paris Dusk ink
  • Creative Expressions tyre tread stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the tree
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the truck
  • White Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a border around the outer edge



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. ABC of Christmas - June challenge - L=LOVE and M=MORE THAN ONE (I went with more than one .. snowflake and tree)
  2. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - June challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 344 - ANYTHING GOES



14 comments:

Lillianb said...

Two great ATC's mate, Love the haunted house

Lilian

Cara said...

Pfft, Lilianb said what I was going to say! I adore that haunted house. Shame we don't celebrate Halloween like the American's do, purely so I could craft it!

SARN said...

Love the 2 ATCs you've posted here - especially the first one.

Happy Friday - a LITTLE cooler than the past few days, thankfully!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love these two ATC's Kathy and the Halloween image looks great with the drips and the fun sentiment and then the Christmas theme with that image you used the other day which shows how very versatile it is, as it worked beautifully on your card and it also works really well for this ATC. x

cotnob said...

Two super ATCs Kathy, I love the Halloween one - lots of great details.
Pauline -
Crafting with Cotnob
x

Anna said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna

Tracey T said...

A lovely Christmas themed ATC. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

chrissy xx said...

GOrgeous! I LOve the scene you've created. Thank you so much for joining us over at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Chrissyxx

Julie Odil said...

Two great ATC'es. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Julie, DT member

Judy1223 said...

Kathy, I love that you thought of a haunted house for the CASology challenge...brilliant! Love the classic Halloween colors on your fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Kathy!! Super cute card. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

TracyM #6773 said...

BOO-tiful ATC!
LOVE your spooky design!
Thank You for sharing and for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

Helen said...

Fabulous cards!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x