Hope you all had a good weekend and even some good weather ... Saturday was pants but Sunday was better - managed some crafting, hence posting on a day I wouldn't normally!
Christmas is getting closer .. I know .. you're all saying "Nooooooooooooo, too early to think about CHRISTMAS" but .. longest days only a week away and it's downhill all the way! Anyhoo, I've been TRYING to make a couple of "C" cards each month, to prevent it becoming a sprint to finish my makes in time to send them! This one, however, will be a hand delivery .. as it uses both dimensional foam tape and dimensional snowflakes!
- 12cm square white, 250gsm, car and matching sized envelope
- 9½cm diameter circle die cut from white card
- 10cm diameter scallop edged card die cut from navy card
- Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I set about colouring my white circle using Distress Inks in tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans, leaving a lighter section which I HOPED would end up over my houses, to give the impression there were lights on!
- Inkadinkado border images and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and Ranger Archival ink
- Mary Engelbreit "falling stars" image stamped multiple times using Versafine onyx black ink
- I also stamped the sentiment and part of the reindeer on to a snippet of white card which I then matted on to a snippet of navy using dimensional foam tape - to form a stop for the easel
- After a squirt of crafters companion spray and shine (to seal the D.I.'s) I positioned my easel on to my scored card and then placed my "stop" sentiment
- Stardust stickles to highlight stars
- Two iridescent snowflakes added using glossy accents .. primarily to add a downward weight to my image panel/easel!
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
- Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - May/June Rudolph Day - DIFFERENT SHAPED .. it's different for me, AGES since I made an easel card!
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 337 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES + OPTIONAL theme of non traditional Christmas colours
- Winter Wonderland - June 9th challenge - ADD SNOWFLAKES
- Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 134 - SHAPED CARD .. I'm hoping it will still qualify despite using a square card blank
- Christmas Card challenges - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES wit OPTIONAL challenge (that I didn't use) of SILVER AND RED