Friday, 2 June 2017

Welcome to the start of the weekend

Morning all,

I've recently returned from Florida and had a wonderful time, as I usually do, I'm given to understand hubby enjoyed the vacation too! YAY!

Anyway, I've a few pix to share with you so .. pull up a chair, grab a coffee and enjoy a virtual vacation with me.

Whimsodoodle in St Petersburg
How cool? From our pool deck we were able to see the SpaceX Falccon9 rocket launch!
OK, so we couldn't see a lot of it but ... still pretty cool!
Scraporium in Lutz, near Tampa
Even spared time for some hobby shopping for hubby
Margaret Myers (of Sparkle 'n Sprinkle in Ruskin) at the Scrap and Stamp Expo in Kissimmee
I LOVE early bird admission!
Celebration township, the weather was significantly cooler on this day
so we took the opportunity to walk around the lake
Love this old car we saw parked up
THINK this is a blue heron but I stand to be corrected on that!



I had one birthday whilst I was away and another one when I got home and discovered another batch of fabulous cards and gifts ... thank you to everyone who took the time and trouble to make and/or send me a card, each and every one of them has been hugely appreciated, I'm blessed with so many generous pals



And now, just as an aside, I have an ATC to share with you ..


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in burgundy and white
  • Stampers Anonymous dog image stamped on the white snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink and then on to a post it which I then cut out as a mask
  • With the mask in place I applied Distress Inks in wild honey and barn door then added the Tim Holtz circles stencil and applied wild honey, changing to the mini circles stencil I sponged fired brick through before removing the stencils and mask
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Tsukineko white gelly roll gel used to highlight and also to doodle a border around the outer edge of my ATC


 


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES
  2. Crafting by Design - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Galz Corner - challenge No. 125 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Southern Girls - challenge No. 161 - ANYTHING GOES


Have a great weekend peeps


7 comments:

Lillianb said...

Great pictures Kathy sure looks like you had a great time. Liking the ATC

Lilian

Pat said...

What great photos Kathy and I'm glad you had a wonderful time in Floriday and a belated Happy Birthday to you. I love that pretty ATC, that dog is so cute! x

Cara said...

Wow, what a fabulous holiday you had! Love that you took photos in the craft shops and so cool that you saw the rocket launch x

Barb said...

Great photos of your holiday and I love that old card. Your Crazy dog ATC is lovely. Barbxx

SARN said...

LOVE the cute dog ATC. Great background. I am FINALLY in the mood to craft, so might have a go at some backgrounds today!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Judy V said...

Cute ATC! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!