Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning all,

We're half way through yet another week, pretty soon June will be gone and we'll be in to July, that's over half the year .... soon be Christmas then!

Some of you may recall that I swap themed ATC's with a buddy on the Isle of Skye .. now I had an idea yesterday which involved one of the year's themes and I set off to make the ATC ... little did I realise that it was actually the NOVEMBER challenge of ... HATS!! Oh well, one less to make, I guess!


My HAT themed ATC
Work in progress!
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of chocolate brown linen textured card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card - for my image panel and hats!
  • Stampers Anonymous hats stamped on to one snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous mini dogs stamped on to white snippet (cut ½cm smaller than the ATC/brown textured panel) and also on to post it material - which I then used as a mask on the central doggy
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour the hats, dogs and background.
  • I fussy cut out the hats and attached to the most appropriate (IMHO) doggy
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the dog noses, dog tags and the tongue of the right hand doggy!, to add texture and interest

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to stamps - challenge No. 149 - ANIMALS
  2. Lil Patch of crafty friends - challenge No. 59 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Sentiments - June 6th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - June 6th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Everybody Art - challenge No. 404 - ANYTHING GOES

Whilst I had those dogs and cats in my hot sticky little hand AND some NBUS ...


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • Kraft C6/A2, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • White card cut to 14 x 9½cm
  • 14 x 5cm strips of card in black, kraft and white
  • The Paper Cut triple circle die used to cut circles on the black and kraft card (NBUS)
  • Stampers Anonymous mini cat and dogs stamped on to the white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, blended using the Finess blender pen
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

 


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 162 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Pammies Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1723 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Come and get it - June 4th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday and it's been ages since I've participated in Julia's WOYWW blog hop #418 ... I shall be entering it here, where I shall be entry #21



29 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting me already this morning. I love your makes esp the hats ATC. Love the little faces lol.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

BJ said...

Great use of those stamps. Not sure what it is about stamping and painting that I don't like myself but yes you are right good job we are all different eh! Thanks for the visit BJ#17

Angela Radford said...

I so love those stamps and the way you've used them too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x14x

sandra de said...

Wow those little doggies look fantastic on the cards and ATC. Great job Kathy.
sandra de @31

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh, love what you have done with those doggies, will have to get mine out again. I particularly love them peeking out of the port holes. Sarah #8

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kathy, as a big dog fan I love your ATC and your card with those funny doggies. They make me smile :)
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Neet said...

Fab use of those Crazy Dogs - two great pieces of artwork.
Have a good week.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet xx 10

Bubbles said...

I really enjoyed this post - the dog stamps really did make me smile. I so loved the way you seemed to match a hat with each dog so perfectly :)
Have a great Wednes-YAY!

Bubbles #36
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-418.html

Helen said...

fab desk full of activity! Helen #1

Cara said...

Two fabulous makes, love the hats! At least you were early rather than late with the challenge!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ha! Mrs Purplicious, it gives me joy to hear that youre months ahead with th Hat idea! It worked anyway, great ATC! That triple circle die looks very handy - wonder if you'll use it a lot now you've broken the NBUS spell!

Pat said...

Both the ATC and the card are great using the cute dogs and cat stamps Kathy. I love the hats you have given them and the card with the NBUS triple circle die shows them off beautifully. x

Liz said...

Love your card and ATC, Kathy. Those Crazy Dogs are just SO cute! xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

SARN said...

Brilliant ATC & fab thank you card nate. You are certainly getting your monies worth out of that set xxx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

lisa said...

Love your dog in hats, so cute.
Hugs Lisax #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, those dogs gave me a much needed laugh today! Well done on inadvertently being ahead of the game, always a bonus! Lol.
Thanks for visiting me, sorry I'm late replying,
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

Lindart said...

Nice busy desk! I love the dogs with the hats - so cute! Very creative cards too! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

May said...

Super busy desk...Love the dogs and their hats fabulous stamps... Have a great week ahead.... May #13

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What fun creations! Those pups are such fun! Thanks for joining in with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Lillianb said...

Great ATC and card Kathy, Really loving those dogs

lilian

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. My internet let me down, but I'm back now. You have a wonderful ATC, and I like the card you created, too. Those hats were fabulous. Happy belated WOYWW from #5.

Helen said...

Great ATC - really made me smile! Love your card too.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Come And Get It Challenges. Good luck.
Hugs, Iwona.

Seija said...

Great work, wonderful Card and ATC! Love the Images! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

Fabulous post,
Sorry for the delay in commenting, laptop trouble. It's died on me and I'm in a bit of a flap.
On a positive note, my Dear Husband plans to buy a replacement for me.
Katie #33

Aurora Aurelia said...

Arrgghhh cuteeeee.. <3 Thank you so much for joining our 59th challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. Hope you can join our next challenge.. And good luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa