Saturday, 22 July 2017

Welcome to my Saturday post ....

Hi there readers

Now, I made this ATC a couple of weeks ago but never got round to blogging it, not entirely sure why - there's nothing actually WRONG with it, after all.

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in deep brown and white
  • Crafty Individuals CI197 image stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Distress Inks in tumbled glass and iced spruce used, water colour style, to add just a dash of colour to this vintage style image
  • Once dry I sealed the ATC using Aquawax applied with a baby wipe and, once dry, buffed with paper towel
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 134 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 148 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Little Miss Muffet - challenge No. 167 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. DL Art - challenge No. 208 - ANYTHING GOES

And, now, since it IS Saturday a challenge make .... now, I DO NOT use dies much so was aghast to find my usual go to challenge saying "No Stamps" this morning - however, I'm no quitter!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:

  • White 15cm square, 25-gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14cm square
  • One piece of card cut to a 13cm square and with a circle die cut off centre (lower and to the right) to use as a mask ..... and washi tape to tape in place
  • Stamplorations dies "Happy" and "Birthday" die cut from snippet of black card which I then ran through my Xyron sticker maker for attaching to the card base
  • Distress Inks: fossilised amber, carved pumpkin and festive berries - applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Dutchdoobadoo hessian stencil through which I applied the Glitzcraft gold glitter embossing paste using a metal spatula. Interestingly enough .. I've not used this embossing paste before and was a little surprised that, as it dried, it seemed to have bleached some of the DI colour!!!
  • For the insert I used Delicata golden glitz applied through a Tim Holtz mini stencil (set #14) using a mini blending tool
  • For the insert and envelope greeting I used a Dovecraft and Funstamps sentiment, stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the circular inked area, to protect from the elements in transit


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 338 - ANYTHING BUT STAMPS
  2. Craft Rocket challenges - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Emerald City - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING  GOES





15 comments:

Neets B said...

For the 'Queen of stamp combos' I think you've done fabulously well here, Kathy! And first too! Loving that warm blend with the gold, it looks so luxurious.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Kathy and I love the bright and pretty colours and a great contrast with the black die cut sentiment. The hessian stencil with that glitzy texture paste adds a big 'wow'. x

SARN said...

Top marks for ingenuity in the challenge card that could not be stamped. Great result.

Fab ATC . . . nice photographic stamp.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cara said...

Love the feel of your fab ATC. Great use of texture on your card, and love the colour X

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. Way to go out of your comfort zone and use a die cut sentiment. Beautiful ink blending and gorgeous colours. Love the touch of gold glittery paste. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

But amazing design! I love the great contrast of this card! White plane and sharp orange color highlighted by black. This is a great inspiration. Thank you
Hugs,
BożenA

Esther said...

Well done Kathy! I know how much you love stamps and you've done an awesome job here with the most gorgeous vibrant colours and fab texture - I love it! The ATC is great too and I love the vintage effect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, your Birthday card looks simply great. Love the idea of the shimmering ball with the great sentiment die.
Hugs Claudia

Maaike Uijthoven said...

I think you've sone great with the dies, I too had a oh my moment when I saw the Les sis More challenge yesterday...but we managed ;-) and challenges like these are good to challenge us otuside our comfort zone, right?

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous card Kathy ! Love your orange blending combined with the gold glitter paste ! Looks gorgeous ! A great CAS card and take for our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Arlene said...

Cool birthday card. Love the simple design and the color popped. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Wendy L said...

Wonderful CAS card,thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

Gerrina said...

Glad you didn't quit on this one and was super quick aswel... Your card is stunning! Love the colour, diecut, but mostly how the texture fits with the font of the diecut! Hope you have a good week! Hugs, Gerrina

Anita in France said...

Cool, crisp, funky and fabulous, Kathy ... love the graphic style against all that glorious white! Anita :)

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks so much for entering this delightful project into our challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope you will join us again. xx
{aNNie}DT for Emerald City Crafts