Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Welcome to my Wednesday post

Morning peeps,

Hope your week is coming along as per plan! I got to meet up with a pal for lunch and a catch up on Monday and, frankly, we had a blast - I have no idea where the day goes but it flashes past in the blink of an eye.

Talking of flashing past, the year is doing likewise and it's time to get serious about Christmas projects! Whilst I was having a rummage I came across this wood mounted beauty, cowering in the back of the drawer and ... just had to ink it. Aren't they ADORABLE? Is it just me or are you all thinking PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR?


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White 12.7cm square, 250gsm, card with matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 11.5cm square
  • Art Impressions (M3062) penguin image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pens used to colour
  • MFT sentiment (Hand Lettered Holiday) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and Versafine satin red inks ... I also edged the image panel using the red ink
  • Stardust stickles used to trace the larger sentiment and highlight here and there
  • Anita's 3D gloss on some of the parcels




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Art Impressions - challenge No. 216 - OFF KILTER .. nothing more off kilter than thinking of penguins on sleds!
  2. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 140 - HUMOUR
  3. Everybody Art - challenge No. 408 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  4. The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  5. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES


Yesterday I discovered that one of my ATC's had won a prize over at Happy Little Stampers, thanks peeps


 

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, I'll share a pic of the mess that is my workspace. I DO miss entering my desk over at Julia's WOYWW but my wrist won't allow me to make all the necessary comments (as so many people like to visit as many desks as possible) and it's not fair to enter if you don't propose to join in - miss you guys!



9 comments:

Lillianb said...

Love those penguins mate and a lovely card,


lilian

SARN said...

That is a crack-a-laaaaakin Christmas card and a lovely colourful win over at HLS - congrats!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I adore your cute penguins so prettily coloured Kathy and congratulations on your win over at HLS with your great tangled ATC...well deserved! x

catherine said...

Glad you enjoyed your day with your pal Kathy.
Great xmas penguin card!! Well done on your ATC win too!
catherine

Cheryl S said...

Those penguin DO remind me of Madagascar 😊 such a cute card!

Cara said...

Love those penguins, but they look far too innocent!

Debs M said...

love the penguins and well done on the win x

Reneé Matarese said...

This is super adorable! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions! ~Renee

Shona Hamill said...

Awe I love your CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Challenge. Shona xx