As the year draws to a close I'm starting (no, NOT Christmas cards again!) on my 2018 ATC's, as many of you will recall, I swap with a buddy on the Isle of Skye. Earlier this year we decided to swap themes instead of materials as we'd been doing the materials thing for so long. I sent off my January swaps along with my Christmas card so this one is actually for February's theme of "Transport" and I have to say that the sentiment, route 66 logo and the map background are NBUS - Darnell would be so proud!
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in white and navy
- Paper Artsy map background from HPXT01 stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Stampers Anonymous car, sentiment and route 66 logo all stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils (ochre for roads, blue around the logo and green for the wooded areas) to give a little colour and interest.
- Once assembled I used a Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen in white to doodle a border
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No.313 & 314 - USE SNIPPETS
- The Paper Shelter - Christmas break challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 150 - MASCULINE
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 510 - ANYTHING GOES
Over the Christmas break we usually exchange Secret Santa gifts with our surrogate family, it's an afternoon and evening of chat, laughter, food, drink and silly games! Everyone dresses up and the daftest game currently available is usually purchased by someone, this years was a doozie ..... check out the pic
|Ready to play .....|
|Man down! The antlers? Part of another game, a kind of festive hoop toss .. over the antlers!|
|Surrogate grand dog didn't miss out on the fun either|
|Imagine our surprise to walk home in this!!! A white Christmas .... just a little late!|
|Sadly, instead of waking to a winter wonderland, this was the sight greeting us|
Oh well, undoubtedly easier to move about in than the winter wonderland scenario!