Even availed myself of a New Year sale bargain over at Hobby Art Stamps (where there was a 30% off sale) but they (of course) have yet to arrive! Whilst I was chatting to a pal (electronically) about these stamps she told me about some stamps which she had succumbed to ordering in the same sale ... I realised that not only did I already own them but also that they had never seen ink .. making them (in the words of the lovely Darnell) NBUS ... Never Before Used Stash! ..... cue a mad dash to the ToC (particularly since the weather was pretty pants!) and the creation of the card you see below, I LOVE that Santa hat - can see it being deployed on other images sometime soon too!, sheep's pretty cool too!
|And a closer view of the image|
- White C6/A2, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two white card panels cut to fit
- One red card panel cut to mat
- Hobby Art image, hat and sentiment (from CS110D Baa Humbug) stamped using Memento tuxedo black - deploying my MISTI stamp positioning tool and a piece of post it cut out to use as a mask for my Santa hat.
- For the insert I also used the Paper Artsy JOFY17 sentiment, stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to lightly colour sheep and to add grass "grounding" and to colour the Santa hat - I carried the colour through to the insert too, although the image was only partially stamped on the insert
- Stardust stickles to bling up the image
- Use Your Stuff - Merry Christmas random selection challenge
- Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 169 - CHRISTMAS
- AAA Cards - challenge No. 105 - SPARKLE
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 366 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES with an OPTIONAL twist of SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH "S" .. I went with SHEEP!
- Crafters Cafe - challenge No. 187 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS RELATED or RED/GREEN - check on both counts since, aside from a smidge of shading in grey those ARE the only two colours used!
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 273 - Holiday