Good weekend peeps? Weather was horrible but ... managed to visit with a pal who had an operation late last week - she looked remarkably well - good luck with your recovery, Dawn.
|My Ombre image panel|
- White A2/C6, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 8½cm x 13cm
- One piece of black card cut to 9½cm x 14cm
- Snippets of card in white and black
- To the white snippet I applied Distress Inks .. spun sugar to the entire panel, worn lipstick (working in from the top and bottom edges to about 25%) then picked raspberry (again in from the edges but a little less) and finally candied apple (just at the very edges)
- Sunday International flower image (GPSH016 2 coneflowers) stamped using Versafine onyx black
- A quick spray of Crafters Companion to the inked panel - to protect and seal the water based inks - before matting on to black card with a very narrow border
- MFT swipe image (DC52 - Abstract Art) stamped using Memento rosebud ink
- HLS sentiment (Mixed Media Fun) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Once the card was assembled I added stardust stickles to the flower heads
- Allsorts - challenge No. 452 - OLD FAVOURITES .. I love to ink blend and I love to use old stamps that perhaps haven't seen ink in a while - I recently "rediscovered" the joys of this foliage and it's quickly become a favourite once more!
- Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 128 - OMBRE
- Crafting with Dragonflies - challenge No. 96 - ANYTHING GOES (cards ONLY)
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 230 - FINISH THE INSIDE .. this was a no brainer for me as I do love to decorate the inside as well as the back and the envelopes
- CCEE Stampers - challenge No. 1804 - TECHNIQUE ... I went with a Distress Ink OMBRE blended background - because it's fun to do!