Woo Hoo, it's the weekend and hopefully storm Georgina will have blown through the UK and be off to terrorise some other country or, better still, dissipate. Had a few days this week when it's just been pointless going out for the sake of it! Nothing I want QUITE that much!
I have however, managed to hit the ToC (Table of Craftiness) fairly hard this week and have a couple of makes to share with you today ..... here's the first one, I just can't seem to stop making Christmas cards........
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two panels cut to 11½cm square - one white (insert) and one dark blue DCWV linen textured card
- Snippets of card in white and grey
- Creative Expressions gnome and sentiment (Scandi Christmas set) stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour and blended using Sansodor/paper stumps
- Narrow white silk ribbon adhered to my dark blue panel and sentiment panel using double sided tape
- MFT sentiment and snowflakes (from CS-83 Hand Lettered Holiday) stamped using Memento tuxedo black, Paris dusk and Versafine onyx black inks
- Dimensional foam tape to adhere my sentiment panel to my card panel and my card panel to my card blank
- Stardust stickles to bling it up
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
- WaterCooler Wednesday - challenge No. 154 - ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS
- Deep Ocean - challenge No. 173 - LET IT SNOW
- CraftaholicsRus - challenge No. 4 - RIBBON
- The Paper Shelter - challenge No. 323 - SHADES OF BLUE
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 370 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES plus the optional (but unused) twist of NO SENTIMENT
And now on to my second make which isn't a Christmas card ... I LOVE the numbers stencil I used on this make but kind of wish I'd thought about its positioning, particularly with the "3" ... IYKWIM!!!
- White 15cm square, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- One white card panel cut to 14cm square (for insert)
- MFT (BB21 Birthday Bears) image stamped on to my card using Memento tuxedo black ink and also on to full adhesive coverage post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
- With my mask in place I stencilled the dots (from Imagination Crafts MU17) and the numbers (from Imagination Crafts MU62) using Distress Ink worn lipstick, I stencilled the lines from MU17 and burlap Dutchdoobadoo using Distress Ink in shaded lilac (whilst wilted violet is in my photo I didn't use it in the end)
- Having removed the mask I coloured using Faber Castell polychromos pencils, blending with Sansodor and a paper stump
- Stardust stickles to accentuate the numbers
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 363 (week 2) - ONE LAYER CARD - "CUTE" ... 3rd entry .. I think these bears are pretty cute and I hope you do too!
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 378 - WITH A NUMBER
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 276 - ANYTHING GOES
- CASonSunday - challenge No. 125 - COLOUR ME PRETTY
- Seize The Birthday - January 18th challenge - ANYTHING BIRTHDAY GOES with the option (which I used) of ONE LAYER