Yesterday I felt the urge to head out for a walk (post Christmas weight and all that!) and we just so happen to have a The Range within easy reach ... not that I bought much. I'd not been home five minutes when my friend phoned to ask if I was up for an outing as she needed to go to IKEA and fancied company .... nice impromptu afternoon and a coffee in to the bargain and a piece of their DAIM cake which is a bit like millionaires shortbread and probably as many calories - oopsie, counteracted the benefit of the walk then!
New Year = new challenge - the lovely Darnell (she who coined the phrase NBUS = Never Before Used Stash) has chosen to launch a fairly challenging challenge, which is: to make two cards for two different occasions but using the same stamps! Fancy having a go? Then click on the link below and it will take you there and you can check it out. Meanwhile, here's my make .. now I would NORMALLY post these separately but one of Darnell's rules is that both cards must appear in one photograph. The stamps I picked just kind of lend themselves to a sympathy card, hence the one on the left but, having made the one on the right .. I can't help but think that (in silver or blue) it would also make a pretty neat Christmas card - looking a little (as it does IMHO) like a SNOWFLAKE!! Anyone else see it too?
|My two "same but different" cards|
- Two white C6/A2, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelopes
- Four white card panels, cut to fit
- One turquoise card panel, cut to mat - for the get well card only
- Stamps used: Precious Remembrance Shop feather (from DIY STAMP SET) and sentiment (from their POSITIVE THOUGHTS STAMP SET) and Hero Arts sentiment (from CL342 EVERYDAY SAYINGS)
- Inks Used: Memento London fog and tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Ranger Archival fuchsia
- Tombow glue and Dimensional foam tape (on the sympathy card only)
- Stardust stickles (on the get well card only)
- Twofer - challenge No. 1 - FEATHERS TO MAKE TWO CARDS (for different occasions) USING THE SAME STAMPS AND/OR DIES - both cards
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 152 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS - both cards
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 274 - CAS - Sympathy card only
- Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 189 - ANYTHING GOES - Sympathy card only
- Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 156 - ANYTHING GOES - get well card only
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 158 - ANYTHING GOES - get well card only
Given that Darnell's brief was merely FEATHERS - I hoiked out all the alternatives .... Di Wray had already mentioned that she thought I had lots of feathers!!! Would YOU have used the same one I did?
|So many choices!|
|And a closer view of the image panel and background detail|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in both white and navy
- On to the white image I stamped L117 Julia and L120 Pamela images (both from 2003 and by Stampendous) and the sentiment (07392-6 from Magenta) using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, blending with Sansodor and paper stumps
- Wink of Stella clear gel glitter brush pen used to highlight the image and sentiment
- White Tsukineko gelly roll gel pan used to doodle a border on the navy matting layer
Felt great to rummage amongst my stash and pull out some really old stash and get it inky once more - these girls are perfect ATC size too.
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
- Crafty Sentiments - January 9th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Craft Room Door - January 9th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Inspiration Destination - challenge No. 141 - ANYTHING GOES
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 376 - LET'S BE HAPPY - shopping makes ME happy!!!!