Well, they warned us that temperatures should be more like British summer by today, i.e. around 22°c, fingers crossed! I've been meltingly hot this past week and, heaven knows, the gardens could use some rain!
Been getting back in to art journalling since Craftathon in early June, in fact, a group I belong to came up with the idea of a weekly one word prompt to get us going - this week it's "PASSION" and here's my take on it
|My journal page ... "PASSION for colour"!!!|
|And a closer view of the doodles and colours|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works) gesso'd and brayered with acrylic paint in iridescent pink (Pebeo) and Fresco orchid/pansy
- Craft Stamper stamp (free with the August issue) inked using embossing ink and purple embossing powder which I then heat set
- Now stamped neon masterboard cut in to faux stitched circles using dies and stuck on to my journal page
- "PASSION" stamped using the Dylusions alphabet inked with embossing ink and then white embossing powder and heat set
- I wrote the word "FOR" as I wanted a heart for the centre of the "O" using the white Posca paint pen
- Doodling around the circles using the Posca paint pens and the Kaisercraft neon gel pens
- I used the other alphabet stamps to spell the word "COLOUR" using Versafine onyx black ink to which I added clear embossing powder and heat set as it would have taken AGES to dry ... if it ever did!
|Kaisercraft neon gel pens, Versamark embossing ink + white/clear/purple embossing powder|
Dylusions and ? alphabet stamps
Posca pens in black and white - for doodling
|My neon acrylic masterboard|
|Layout 1 of 3|
|Layout 2 of 3|
|Layout 3 of 3|
- Three pages from my fab collection of Costco double sided papers (a BARGAIN)
- A4 of grey card, cut to mat my journalling (which you can't see other than the "PULL" signs and tab!
- Washi tape - for my "PULL" tab
- Alphabet stamps from Dylusions and PaperMania
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Posca paint pens in black and white
- Various photos, ephemera and even a page from an old roadmap which we ripped out and took with us!