Hope you all enjoyed a great weekend - get up to much?
It was the wedding anniversary of surrogate daughter #2 and her husband last week and they invited us round for a few drinkies to celebrate the occasion - one or two drinkies turned in to three or four, lucky we walked! S'funny but it took twice as long to get home as it did to get there .... less to do with drink and more to do with the fact their sweet little cat decided to follow us, we got close to the main road and realised she wasn't giving up so took her home again.
Got some crafting to share with you this morning, when it's as hot as it has been you may find it hard to believe but ... I make Christmas cards? REALLY?!?!?! And yet ..... I think this one has a more masculine feel to it - or am I deluding myself?
|And a closer view of the red dragon embossing powder|
- Cream A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of card (one cream and one navy) cut to fit
- One piece of cream card cut to 1cm smaller than the navy card panel
- Snippet of cream card
- MFT wonky rectangle window die cut centrally from the navy card
- Hero Arts star image stamped on to cream snippet using Versamark embossing ink and then red dragon tinsel (a lovely red/gold/twinkly embossing powder by stamps 'n stuff) which I heat set, once cool, I fussy cut the star and used a red alcohol marker to go around the edge
- Elsewhere on my card and envelope the star image was stamped using Brilliance rocket red gold pearlescent ink
- Precious Remembrance Shop (Sketchy Christmas) sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
- Once I had assembled the card front I used double sided foam tape to adhere the card panel to my card base and smaller squares of foam tape to adhere the star in the "wonky window"
- CASonFriday - challenge No. 137 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 162 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- StarStampz - July 5th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Sasayaki Glitter - July challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Happy Little Stampers - July Christmas challenge - ANYTHING GOES + optional (unused) twist of SANTA