I am so over this hot weather, it's relentless - at least, when you're on holiday, there's usually air conditioning to escape in to .. here? Not so much! EVERY summer we promise ourselves we'll get a portable A/C unit and every year, about the time we make a decision then either the weather breaks or the stores have sold out - can you guess which it is this year?!?!?! We DID get a little rain overnight and it did cool it down a little but ...
Still, from my darkened room I'm still trying to craft ..... enjoying my current obsession with Artist Trading Coins, I am loving both the scale of them AND their shape, they're just such fun to make.
|My Artist Trading Coin|
- Snippets of card in white and navy
- On to the white card I stamped the mini dog from Stampers Anonymous - CMS272 "Mini Cats and dogs" using Memento Tuxedo black ink - I stamped a second image on to a full cover post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
- With my mask in place I stencilled Memento canteloupe ink through the Dylusions split circle stencil and then again through the Memory Box grid stencil (88517) changing to Memento rosebud ink and stencilling through the Carabelle scribble stencil - MA60052
- Paper Artsy splatter (from HTPX01) stamped using Memento rosebud ink
- Having then removed the stencil I used Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour my image
- Sakura gelly roll gel pen (white) used to doodle the border on to the navy layer
|And a closer view of my hippos!|
- White 12cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 11cm and 11½cm square
- One piece of bright pink card cut to 11½cm square
- Snippets of card in white and bright pink, for my image panel
- My Favorite Things "Hippo Birthday" BB-47 hippo stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink - I also stamped him twice on to full cover post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
- MFT BB-47 sentiment and bird also stamped using Memento tuxedo black
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour images
- Stardust stickles to add just a touch of bling!
- CraftyCatz - challenge No. 427 - ANYTHING GOES + TWIST (used) of USE SOMETHING YELLOW
- TGIF - challenge No. 170 - REPEAT AFTER ME!
- Moving Along With The Times - challenge No. 76 - WILD ANIMAL/S
- Make My Monday - challenge No. 76 - HAND COLOURED IMAGE
- CraftaholicsRUs - challenge No. 30 - BIRDS ... hoping that one bird still counts