Met up with a pal on Monday, we did a little craft retail therapy, a lot of chatting .. oh, and lunch too! It was a lovely day and I'm so glad that my friend had the time to meet up. We live some distance apart and meet approximately half way - well, at a craft store we both know! It was fun, thanks for taking the time out, Debbie. Anyhoo, the purpose of this was to explain my new stash
|Ooh, which item to use first!|
- Snippets of card in white and pearlescent purple - die cut in to 2¼" and 2½" circles
- Paper Artsy ZN28 stamped on to the white snippet and also on to a full coverage post it which I then cut out and used as a mask.
- With the mask in place I applied Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia directly to the card using a stencil brush, then placed the Dutchdoobadoo (470.715.119) stencil over the piece and brushed the same ink through, repeating with the Dylusions (DYS52364) stencil.
- Using a paintbrush and Genesis Green pearlescent green acrylic ink I "flicked" some splatters
- Once I was happy with the background colour I removed the mask and headed to my colouring station (aka the dining room!) and coloured using a combination of Marvy le plume II alcohol markers and Faber Castell polychromos pencils
- Using a white gelly roll gel pen I doodled some interest on the border
- Anita's dimensional gloss applied to the eyes and the hearts, to give further interest and dimension
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology "cit chat" self adhesive words added, zig clean colour brush pen in cool grey 1 used to remove the stark whiteness and add shading
- Carbon pencil used to doodle a frame, smudged with my finger
I've been trying to get back in to journalling and some pals and I have been trying to journal each week using a one word prompt that one of us picks .. this week Clare chose "WINGS". I'd been watching a video by Kim Dellow and she reminded me to use my acrylic inks (only got three so managed to use all of them!).
- A gesso'd page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works)
- Daler Rowney inks: purple lake, genesis green and silver pearl, applied using an old credit card
- Computer generated quote printed off, cut up, run through my Xyron sticker maker and, once in place, border doodled using a black Posca paint pen
- Paper Artsy EDY21 image stamped directly on to page using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the boy image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, once he was coloured I fussy cut him out and adhered him to my journal before before drawing in the string again and a border, using the black Posca paint pen.
- Stardust stickles to bling up the circles images
- Zig clean colour brush pen to colour the quotation as I thought it was just too white!
The Kim Dellow video?
I recently discovered the joy of Artist Trading Coins and, along with six other crafting friends, participated in a swap - want to see what a fab collection came back to me in our swap?
|Thanks Wynneth, Debbie, Lilian, Lauren, Cherry and Clare|