As the UK heatwave seems set to continue through this week too, how do YOU keep cool? I must confess that I am struggling and, for two pins, would empty out the fridge and sleep in there .... if I thought I wouldn't suffocate!
I've been crafting in near darkness too, in an attempt to keep the heat out - just hoping it doesn't show in my work!
I signed up for a free creative retreat for this weekend and watched a couple of their tutorials - I don't presume to call myself an artist so most of the tutorials just kind of went over my head but .. I thought I could work with one of them and my make below is my interpretation of that .. be nice, it's so far out of my comfort zone, I still got to sneak some stamping in though, with splatters and a sentiment!
EDITED TO READ: the retreat was free over the weekend, there were a good number of tutorials from very talented artists, a taster if you will, to introduce us and encourage us to sign up to their chargeable online classes - sorry for any confusion
|A view showing the stamping and texture|
|Die cut and gesso'd|
- Snippets of card in cream and navy + ripped sheet from book of music
- Circle dies (2½" and 2¼") used to cut circles from the gesso'd and navy card
- Using a water soluble pencil, I drew the outline of my face and hair, blending strokes using the waterbrush
- Inktense blocks and waterbrush used to add colour and drips
- I stamped the splatters using the grey ink and the sentiment using black ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder which I then heat set
- Using the paint pen I accentuated the sentiment and then doodled my border
- I then gave the project a spritz with Crafters Companion spray and shine to stop the water based pencil from further reacting with any water it might come in contact with!
|Memento tuxedo black and London fog inks|
INKTENSE blocks and a Caran d'Ache water brush
Stabilo "Aquarelle" water soluble pencil + white Posca paint pen
Precious Remembrance Shop "DIY stamp set"
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 330 - USE SNIPPETS
- WeLoveTooCreate - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- More Mixed Media - July 5th challenge - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES + option of PINK - which I used
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- Happy Little Stampers - July mixed media challenge - NEWSPAPER (though DP is acceptable so I'm assuming music paper counts too - hope so!