We've had a few about turns with the weather this past week or so haven't we? After being "as hot as Hades" for about a month was I alone in being grateful for the cooler temperatures though I did read about one person muttering about putting the heat on!! I HOPE she was joking! Then came the rain .... followed quickly by hail and the most terrific thunderstorms in places - thankfully, I missed all bar the rain in my little piece of the UK. Then those pesky temperatures started creeping up again, like they thought we wouldn't notice!
I have to say that I probably shouldn't eat all day today - still stuffed from my afternoon tea here with my friend yesterday .... but I suspect I WILL!, eat that is! There were originally going to be three of us but one of our number is moving next week and is not getting on terribly well with the packing and felt a better use of her time would be .. you guessed it, more packing!! Poor thing, we'll just HAVE to go again!
|OH MY! Yes, all that food was just between the two of us!|
Recently, I've made quite a few regular ATC's and ATCoins so I thought I would try something else for a change ..... if only to prove I CAN! I have a tag for you this morning ....
|In progress! Waiting on the glittery gorgeousness to dry!|
|And the gorgeous glass bead glitter gel once it's dry|
- 3mm thick tag
- I brayered Distress Oxide (candied apple) over the tag - I liked the way it didn't cover the ridges of the tag
- Distress Oxide (candied apple) sponged through Dylusions circles and TCW uneven rectangles stencils using a mini blending tool with a foam pad - this gave a much denser coverage which provided texture and interest
- Stamplorations hearts stencil through which I applied Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel using a palette knife - takes a while to dry and reveal its full glory .... so there was nothing for it but to find something else to do for the duration!
- Cream A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of cream card, cut to fit
- One piece of red card, cut to mat
- One snippet of white card die cut using MFT faux stitched rectangle dies
- One sippet of red card die cut using a Quickutz nesting rectangle die
- Sparkle 'n Sprinkle (retired) image "Santa baby" stamped on to my white card snippet
- Marvy le plume II alcohol markers and Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image and background
- MFT sentiment (from BB-8 "Jingle all the way") and Paper Artsy sentiment inside the card (JOFY17)
- Stardust stickles used to bling up the make and highlight the fur trim to my image
- Merry Little Christmas - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- The Holly And The Ivy - challenge No. 33 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 53 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 303 - HOLIDAY
- Pause, Dream, Enjoy - challenge No. 31 - STITCHED DIES