Well it's here .. another weekend that is! Got something nice to do this weekend? We've got the surrogate grandson having a birthday - yee haa!
I've still managed to make a little time to hit the ToC (Table of Craftiness) and .... guess what it is? An ATC of the regular kind. I like to keep a stock in, for swaps with friends, I've even been known to use them as visiting cards if I find a pal out when I visit - they're sure to know who called! This one's very mixed media with paint, stamping, stencilling, gilding wax, heat embossing - so much in one small piece of work! FYI ... I HAVE no idea what inks or paints may have been used on the acrylic paper background, before I started working on it .. but they were greens and blues - sorry.
|My Artist Trading Card (ATC)|
|And a closer view which, I HOPE, shows the detail of the text and stencilling|
- ATC blank
- Sage green snippet of card cut to ATC size
- Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped (to provide a border) using Memento tuxedo black ink
- White acrylic paint used with an old credit card to "swipe" additional lines to this layer - I saved the excess white paint to provide splats on the acrylic panel with a small paintbrush ... after adding more water
- Snippet of acrylic paper (sent to me by a friend .. to stiffen the envelope but too good to waste!)
- Finnabair alchemy gilding wax (brushed iron) applied through a Memory Box stencil (grungey squares)
- Imagination Crafts background text (set #1) stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Hero Arts leaf bough (CL477 Delicate Leaf Clusters) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink followed by a liberal sprinkling of clear embossing powder (and the excess shaken off) before heat setting
- Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment (Positive Thoughts) stamped using the same ink and method as above