Here's hoping you all enjoyed your weekend, I know I did. Do anything exciting? I'm afraid it was a bit too hot for me though .... nothing like as hot as southern Europe, the very idea of 47°c makes me break out in a sweat! My dear hubby was out with friends all day yesterday which left me at home and free to craft without guilt - YAY!, so I jolly well did!
Some friends and I are enjoying journalling right now and we've challenged ourselves to do at least one page per week ..... we've been setting one word prompts and it's my turn to set this weeks and I've chosen "CELEBRATE" - here's my page, deploying a really sweet "friends" image that I don't use anywhere near enough.
|My journal page for "CELEBRATE"|
|And a closer view|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works)
- Snippets of card in white, black and monochrome stripe
- I brayered fresco dolly mixture paint all over the page and then orchid and squid ink a little more randomly and to one side and then a small amount of Pebeo violet blue iridescent paint.
- Whilst still wet I laid my Dylusions circle stencil over the top and knocked back some of the colour using a baby wipe, to give texture
- I stamped the "stem" from the Visible Image "INKognito flower" using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- "Celebrate" (Ranger Letter-It Birthday set) and "Friendship" (Stamplorations build a sentiment) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and clear embossing powder which I heat set
- I stamped my Crafty Individuals image (from CI-277) using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
- After matting my image panel on to black and then striped paper I adhered it to my journal page and then, using Posca paint pens in black and white, I doodled on the black layer, around the outer edge of my image panel, on the INKognito stems and around the text to highlight
- Paper Artsy Circle (from ESA01) stamped using Colorbox white ink - I stamped it several times although you can really only see it once in the photo!
|My Artist Trading Coin - just 2½" in diameter|
- Snippets of card in white, black and Costco double sided paper (green side used)
- Plain and stitched circle dies
- Stampers Anonymous CMS272 "Mini cats and dogs" image stamped using Memento tuxedo black, I stamped it twice, once on to full coverage post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
- Stencils: Stamposaurus "random rectangles", Dylusions DYS52364 "circles" and Dutchdoobadoo 470.715.035 Textures
- Inks: Memento pear tart, bamboo leaves and rosebud, applied using a stencil brush through the stencils
- Once the mask was removed I used Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour my pooch!
- Faber Castell black pitt pen and a Sakura gelly roll gel pen (white) used to doodle borders
|It's a fair cop this one is the same as the previous pic .... we saw around half a dozen in total, some closer than others!|