Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and have arrived at Monday ready to face the week. Don't know how it was with you but the weather was positively SOGGY round these parts! Hope you had something at least a little better. Mind you, it MIGHT have been the sogginess which inspired my journal page below!
If you are a regular visitor to this blog then you will know that some pals and I challenge one another to make a journal page each week, using a one word prompt. It's my turn to set the word this week and that word (to inspire our creativity) is "FISH" and here is my make using that prompt!
|My journal page .... across the top says "even fish dream of flight" ...|
I WONDER if they DO!!!!
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works)
- Fresco bora bora paint brayered over the lower third of my page and Brunel Franklin cerulean blue and white added to the residual fresco paint and brayered over the top two thirds
- Using a snippet of white card I stamped a number of fish, the sentiment and the "fish balloon" (from HP1111EZ - gave me a chance to ink up this under used set) using Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured using copic markers before fussy cutting
- Using matte gel medium I attached the fish, the sentiment and the "fish balloon" to my layout
- I selected some word stickers (from Tim Holtz Idea-ology - "chit chat" book) and mixed with Dylusions alphabet, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink .. so it reads "even fish dream of flying" .... I hope they do!
- I placed the Paper Artsy stencil (PS093) over my "water and fish" scene and applied gloss gel medium through it, for waves, before setting aside to dry
- Posca pens in black and white to doodle borders around various pieces, to add interest and further "texture"
- Welove2Create - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- More Mixed Media - September challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES + option of USE BROWN
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES - 3rd and last entry
- Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 138 - QUOTE AWAY
And now for a vintage style Artist Trading Card, I'm thinking 20's or 30's myself - you? Love the humour of the Acid Drops sets.
|And a closer view of the image/colouring|
- Snippets of card in deep brown and white
- Plain and faux stitched nesting rectangles
- Acid Drops and What Nots image and sentiments (from AD54 "Lemons") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Printworks image (F1066 "paint spatter") stamped using Brilliance moonlight white ink
- Copic markers to colour
- Anita's dimensional gloss - for the cocktail glass
- Stardust stickles to bling up the tie, handkerchief and scarf