I'd like to start my post by welcoming Hilary, my newest follower - thanks for stopping by - I'm also your latest follower!
As we prepare to say goodbye to January - yep, ALREADY!!! Is it too early to think about Christmas? It's a VERY festive post from me this morning.
A short while ago I was browsing a web site's Christmas sale ..... and spotted a FAB Christmas stamp ... I just had to order it, so I did. Imagine my surprise, when it arrived and was absolutely HUGE. Hmmm ... initially I was well disappointed but, as it happens, with the aid of my trusty MISTI it rocks batch making of Christmas cards!! Have to say though, without a stamping platform of some kind ..... I may well have remained disappointed! I LIKE it, if I run out of time to complete my 2019 quota I could easily run up a batch say ... in blue, or green! Way to catch up fast, YAY!
|My batch of five cards|
- Cream, linen effect, 300gsm DL card and matching sized white envelope
- Cream 300gsm card cut to fit as an insert
- Woodware (FRS341 - "Graffiti Christmas) lined up in my MISTI (for easy repeat stamping) and inked using Versafine Clair tulip red, once the card fronts were done I lined it up again and stamped the envelope backs too
- Smaller sentiment (Hero Arts CL343) and star image (Paper Artsy JOFY57) stamped using Versafine Clare twilight ink
- Diamond stickles to bling it up further
- Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 143 - ANYTHING GOES - 2nd entry
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 422 - ANYTHING GOES + option of NO SENTIMENT .. which I plainly did not use!
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 332 - ANYTHING GOES - 2nd entry
- Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 176 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 96 - ADD SOME SPARKLE
And, whilst I was in full on Christmas mode, I thought I would ink up some NBUS!
|My tent fold card|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of navy card, cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and navy, for my image panel
- WRMK nesting rectangle dies, used to cut my image panel and matting layer
- My images (all from Sparkle 'n Sprinkles 00-468P5 "Woofies Christmas") were stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
- Sentiment (Hero Arts CL343) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
- Diamon stickles to embellish
- Pile It On - challenge No. 150 - WATER OR LAND ANIMALS - I went with land!
- International Art & Soul - challenge No. 50 - CHOOSE A MOVIE - given my pooch appears to be "searching" in the snow I went with "The search for Santa Paws"!!
- Crafty Friends - challenge No. 102 - ANIMALS or BIRDS
- Winter Wonderland - January challenge - IT'S SNOWTIME
- Christmas at Sweet Stamping - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
|My scrap layout|
- Doodlebug Designs "spearmint plaid" 12" x 12" paper
- Michaels red satin ribbon with Merry Christmas repeated in gold
- Double sided tape, to adhere the ribbon
- Computer generated journalling, mounted on to red card and then adhered using dimensional foam tape
- Red card and WRMK nesting rectangle dies + unbranded square dies used to add matting to my photos
- Paper Artsy (ZA18) images stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Stampers Anonymous (Crazy Things) stamped on to snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink, coloured using alcohol markers and Sakura gelly roll glitter gel pens before fussy cutting and adhering to my layout
- Sharpies, alcohol markers and Sakura gelly roll glitter gel pens used to colour
- White Posca Paint Pen used to add details