Why is it that I always seem to leave the cards for those closest to me until the last moment? I know, you can't answer that but .... this was one of the last cards I got made before Christmas and it was for a Guest Design Team slot over at the Paper Girls challenge blog, otherwise my dear hubby might not have received a card at all, bless him. It's certainly not because he doesn't deserve one! He's a treasure, he really is. Anyhoo, I've digressed .... the new challenge, #167, theme is "BLACK AND WHITE" and I do hope you might feel inspired to pop over and enter or at least visit and leave a comment .......
- White, C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of card (one black and one white) cut to 14cm x 9.5cm
- I used an anti static bag on my card before I started, as I didn't want any stray "bits" of embossing powder
- I stamped my bear image (MFT BB-49 "Bitty Bears") using Versamark ink and Heat It Up clear embossing powder which I heat set
- I then stamped my Hero Arts sentiment using Versamark ink and funstamps white embossing powder which I heat set
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my bear and stardust stickles to add twinkle!
- I used double sided narrow tape to adhere my black and white striped satin ribbon, after threading a 25mm bell on to my ribbon
- I used three strips of 25mm wide dimensional foam tape to adhere my image panel to my card blank
- I then stamped the reverse of my card, my insert and the front and back of my envelope to match, using Memento tuxedo black ink for the bear and Versafine onyx black ink for the sentiment
Additionally, I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 419 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS
- CAS on Friday - challenge No. 148 - GOES MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD
- Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 175 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 563 - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 329 - ANYTHING GOES