I was chatting (electronically) with some crafting pals and it came about that we were talking about gilding flakes. I challenged a few of us to make (and post a pic) a project that same day - I dashed off to the Table of Craftiness and thought "If I'm going to use one item that I seldom think to use then why not use a second (my pan pastels) and perhaps a page in my neglected journal!!" I rummaged (like you do) and found a sentiment, stencil and image that I fancied using. I laid down the pan pastels background and reached for my gilding flakes and flitter glue - OH NO! My flitter glue had gone off (it was kind of glossy cream and solid!) but, I'm no quitter and reached for my "Sticky Stuff" embossing powder instead, as plan B's go it worked but I now recall why I don't use it as my go to method, I never perfected the balance between heated enough to be sticky and heated too much to be useful! Will I replace my flitter glue? Not sure, it's not like I use gilding flakes a lot since I discovered sheet foiling and tombow dual purpose glue and I also have a WRMK foiling pen, but, I've digressed - check out the journal page below ...
|And a closer view of the gilding flakes|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works - such terrific value)
- Pan pastels applied using cut and dry foam
- Dark Room Door sentiment stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Katzelkraft image (KTZ212) stamped on to both the journal page and on a snippet of white card
- Alcohol markers used to colour the image which I fussy cut out on completion and adhered directly over the image stamped on my journal page (to cover up any "misses" in my fussy cutting!!!
- Aall & Create stencil (#28) through which I applied Versamark embossing ink before sprinkling with Judikins Sticky Stuff and heating. Once the Sticky Stuff was heated and sticky I applied a liberal coating of gilding flakes, burnished with my fingers before removing the excess with a coarse sponge
- WeLove2Create - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING MEDIA GOES
- More Mixed Media - April challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Stamplorations - April Mixed Media challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES but must use a stencil
- Altered Eclectics - April challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- A Inky Mess - challenge No. 29 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
|Not entirely sure what she's got her sights set on but ....|
|What a heroic pose!!!|