Hope you all enjoyed your weekend - I nipped across to meet a pal in Swindon, we met at Snazzy's where, as per usual, Val was most welcoming and her hubby kindly made us coffee too!. Once we'd had a shop and a natter, it was off for lunch and further natter.
In the meantime, I've managed a foray to the Table of Craftiness, now, I DO love to layer stamps and today's make is no exception - check it out below
|And a closer view of the image panel detail|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in navy and orange textured card and plain white
- Nesting rectangle and banner dies
- Inks used: Versafine Clair twilight, Memento dandelion, tangelo, rosebud and London fog
- Stamps used: StudioLight Grunge #5, CardzTV "Just Sayin", Craft Emotions 130501/1237 "Herbs and Branches" and Creative Expressions CEC851 "Inspiring Edges" - I can't use these chevrons enough, so very versatile!
|And these were my snippets|
- Pixies's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 355 - USE SNIPPETS
- Crafting With An Attitude - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges - challenge No. 435 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 108 - ANYTHING GOES
- The Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES
|My card .... a CASE of Cornelia Wenokor's work - see credit below|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of yellow card, cut to mat
- Low tack tape, to mask off my panel ... and, yes, I deliberately made my edges at those angles and my sentiment too!
- With my masked area secure I applied Distress Inks in squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry, using a mini blender
- Removing my tape from the top of my panel I stamped my Craft Emotions images (from 130501/1237 "Herbs and Branches" ) using comparable inks - in this case Memento canteloupe. tangelo and rosebud
- I replaced my tape across the top of my panel and applied a quick spray of Crafters Companion Seal and Shine, to protect those water based Distress Inks.
- I stamped my TCP sentiment (from S-5845-CL) using Versafine Clair twilight ink, I chose the blue as I thought black would be too stark against the "tone on tone" panel
I so much admired a card made by Cornelia, for Katzelkraft, on facebook recently and it inspired me to put my own twist on her idea ... I'd like to think Cornelia won't be thinking I've directly copied her and have actually just used her card as a spring board. Do pop along and check out her stunning card here. I wish I had her talent and, often, her fab collection of images too! Since the germ of inspiration was Cornelia's rather than my own, I won't be entering this for any challenges.