Well, January is starting out pretty well for me; I met up with a pal yesterday afternoon - for a couple of glorious hours chatting and chuckling over non-alcoholic beverages! If you read to the bottom of this post you will see that one of my cards has been given an "Honorable Mention", next week I'm meeting up with pals on two days .... Yee Haa! AND we've booked our next vacation, again with the Yee Haa! Mind you, I'm a retired person so I could argue that every day is like a vacation - but I'm not going to.
Instead, I've a make to share with you today .... a small batch of two Christmas cards - what can I say? It's the beginning of a new year and I'm STILL making Christmas cards - that said, 2020's Christmas card drawer is looking full already! After this make I have 53 cards made for this coming Christmas and only sent out around 65 in 2019 so ... nearly there! Think I might carry on until I hit 65 and then stop ...... no rush come November then!
|My card - geometric layout and blue matting|
|My second card, off kilter layout and a Chirstmas-y red mat|
|The front, back and inside of my cards along with the front and back of the envelope|
- Two 5" square white, 250gsm, cards and matching sized envelopes
- Two pieces of white card (per card) cut to fit
- One piece each of pearlised blue and bright red card, cut to mat
- Inky Antics penguins and sentiment (from 11418MC "Christmas decorating penguins") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink - for the insert and envelope I also stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink.
- Crayola coloured pencils used to colour image, blended with gamsol
- Kaisercraft glitter gel pens used to colour the "bulbs" and stardust stickles used for the snowy "ground"
- ABC Christmas Challenge - January 1st challenge - "A" is for ANYTHING GOES and "B" is for BINGO
- Christmas Cards All Year Round - January challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - December challenge - CRITTERS
- Christmas Kickstart - challenge No. 27 - PENGUIN PARADE
- Happy Little Stampers - January CAS (Clean And Simple) challenge - WINGS
And, a short while ago I set out to create a valentines day card but ... as SO often happens, something happened on the way to the end result and an anniversary card evolved. Anyway, here's the valentines day card " Celebrate Love", which I probably meant to craft first time around! I love all things art deco and these sentiments are just fantabulous - I HAD hoped that Santa would bring me the Christmas ones but, perhaps I was just a tad on the naughty side in 2019 so .... maybe for 2020! Are you listening, Santa??
|My "celebrate love" Valentines Day card|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of purple card, cut to mat
- Picture This sentiments (from Worms "Love and Pride #036) stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Studio Light heart image (from SL363) stamped using Versafine Clair purple delight ink
- Stardust stickles to bling up the heart image
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 4 - CELEBRATE
- Simon Says Stamp - January 1st challenge - SIMON SAYS ... SOMETHING NEW .... the sentiment set
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 252 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 405 - ANYTHING GOES
- Craft Rocket challenges - challenge No. 66 - SOMETHING NEW ... the sentiment set
|And a closer view of the embossing|
- White 5" square, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of deep green card, cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and green
- WRMK banner die cut used once sentiment stamped on to white card
- I ran one of the squares of white card through my Big Shot inside a snowflake embossing folder .. I cannot remember the last time I used this method in card making!
- Paper Artsy sentiment stamped on to white snippet using Versafine Clair morning mist ink before die cutting using my banner die
- Elsewhere on the card I also stamped the Happy Little Stampers snowflake (from "Let it snow") using Memento Baham blue ink
- Stardust stickles to bling up the otherwise white on white card front
- Freshly Made Sketches - challenge No. 416 - SKETCH - SEE BELOW
- Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - January 1st challenge - ANYTHING FESTIVE GOES
- Work It Wednesday - December/January challenge - SNOWFLAKES
- Shopping Our Stash - challenge No. 410 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 615 - ANYTHING GOES