I've a make to share with you today .... I used three stamps from three different set but was delighted to see that my minds eye was right and the Woodware background image was THE perfect size to fit behind the Studiolight grungey circle - don't you love it when a plan comes together? I had a few minutes inner battle over whether to add more of those fab circle combos to the card but eventually my inner CAS (Clean And Simple) self won out and I left it at just the one. I MAY have another go at some point and chuck more circles at it - might even use neon colours too - will just have to wait and see how that works out!
|And a closer view - hope you can see the stickles|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of deep red card, cut to mat
- Woodware background circle (FRS39 - "Mod circles") stamped using Memento tangelo ink
- StudioLight star/circle image (SL408) stamped using Versafine Clair purple delight ink
- Happy Little Stampers sentiment (from "doodled flowers") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Stardust stickles used to trace around the outline of the circle and the centre of the star and "bling up" the image
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 121 - ANYTHING GOES
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 4 - CELEBRATE (whilst using 1/3 or less of the card)
- Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 50 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 110 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Sentiments - January 7th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And now for an Artist Trading Card ... with all the Christmas cards I made in the run up to Christmas I found myself with such a lot of 2½" and 3½" wide strips of A4 length card. IMHO Trading Cards would seem like the perfect option, being 2½" x 3½" in size! Here's one such ATC which deployed two snippets one in blue and one in white!
|My Artist Trading Card - it was so difficult to get a half way|
decent photo with a flash so this shows the card but the close up
below is more representative of the actual colours
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in pearlised blue (DCWV) and white
- Using a makeup brush I applied Distress Ink in salty ocean to the entire snippet of white card
- Placing my Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.120) over the snippet I applied Distress Ink chipped sapphire through the stencil before changing the stencil to the Stamplorations (bubbles) and repeating using Distress Ink stormy sky.
- Paper Artsy circles image (from ESA02) stamped partially and randomly using Memento Bahama blue ink
- Tim Holtz "man with umbrella" image (from ) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and the sentiment from the same set using Versafine Clair twilight ink
- Once the white snippet was complete, and dry, I gave it a quick application of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to protect the water based ink before adhering to my pearl layer
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Dragonfly Dreams - January 5th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Stamping Sensations - January challenge - FAVOURITE STAMPS - I use this "man with umbrella" ... A LOT!
- Happy Little Stampers - January ATC challenge - MASCULINE
- Ike's World - challenge No. 128 - MASCULINE
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 389 - ANYTHING GOES