Morning readers,
And welcome to my first post in September! The year is simply racing away with me!
I've a make to share with you today ..... a guy card for a teen
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and navy, for my card front, insert and matting layer
- Snippets of card in white, for my image, football and sentiment
- I borrowed the stamp set with the footballer, the football, along with the matching dies, they're from Made to Surprise. I stamped them using Versafine Clair nocturne ink and die cut them, colouring the image with Faber Castell polychromos pencils
- Polkadoodles numbers (from PD8026 - Feb 2024 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink - OMG! Those numbers were fiddly - I started trying to use the smaller numbers but gave up eventually! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those numbers may never again see the light of day!
- MFT "Birthday" (from CS.74) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink on to a white snippet which I then fussy cut out
- Elsewhere on the card I used the CRASPIRE "Happy Birthday) (From WHO167-57-0250) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- On my card front I used the borrowed grid stencil (for the "football net" and Distress Ink in blueprint sketch, applied with a makeup brush
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Stencil Fun - September challenge - ANYTHING STENCILLED GOES + (optional) YELLOW
- NBUS - challenge No. 90 - USE NBUS
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - GET IN SHAPE ... well, footie will get you in shape!!
- GirlzMakeGuyzCardz - challenge No. 42 - SPORTS
- Love to Craft - challenge No. 94 - ANYTHING GOES
Here's a bit of nostalgia for you ... I was looking back at some of my older blog posts, and came across one from 2011. I had entered the Simply Less Is More challenge, which I used to love, and I had FORTY FIVE comments!!! Those were the days! I don't get anywhere near that level of comments any more, now it's a good day if I get to double figures - though I appreciate every single one of those comments. Do people not blog as much or am I just more out of touch with crafting than I thought?



3 comments:
Super card for a teen and great that you were able to borrow the stamps and dies. It's a sad fact that there are far fewer people writing and reading blogs these days. I guess Facebook maybe has more general appeal (probably requiring less effort) but not for me - I'll be blogging for as long as it's possible. I also appreciate that people take the time to comment.
Wholeheartedly agree with Val’s comments about blogging. I also think that the current problem with posts not arriving in Reading Lists is hindering things as readers don’t know you’ve made a new post. Facebook and Instagram seem more popular, although, like Val, they are not for me, I’m sticking to blogging.
Your card for a teenager looks fab.
I agree that if stamps are TOO fiddly, they just won’t get used. xxx
And now, just to make things even harder so people will leave less comments, you can't comment and then when you can again, you have a one-inch little space to type in! Sigh!
Besides the migration to Instagram, which I think has been huge, I agree with Sarn about how difficult it is to know when posts are published. Add to that aging. Not only when it comes to remembering to check posts, but also I think several of us are just retiring from the hobby. I, too, get far less comments, but to be fair, I also comment less and I've always thought you have to visit to get visits, so there's that.
We had a good run though, didn't we. I've made so many friends and have so many more memories of people than I do of cards that I've made so God bless whoever gave us free Blogger in the first place!
Also, before I forget!, your soccer, er, football card for the teen is perfect! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (Clearly not going to scroll up fifteen inches of this tiny space in order to proofread this comment, so excuse errors!)
Post a Comment