Morning readers,
Looks like being a pretty sombre today, with a State Funeral for HM Queen Elizabeth II - will you be watching the TV? I'll probably dip in and out. I'm not so much a Royalist but I have respect for the work she did for our nation during her 70 year reign.
I've a make to share with you today .......
I've a make to share with you today .......
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting
- Anita's image (just a barcode rather than a reference number and probably around 15-20 years old!) and a Clearly Besotted sentiment (from CBSS1276 Simply Said Christmas) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink. My dog image was also stamped on to a full cover post-it which I then cut out to use as a mask
- With my doggy mask in place and using a makeup brush and That's Crafty TC001 "brick" stencil, I applied Adirondack inks in terracotta and mushroom, for the brick wall my pooch was peering over!
- Pro Marker and Copic alcohol markers used to colour my image
- Crystal stickles used to bling up the fur trim on his Santa hat
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 629 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- CraftyCatz - challenge No. 606 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) METAL
- Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 297 - CHRISTMAS + A SENTIMENT
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 612 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- HLS - Sept CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) METALLIC
Hubby and I enjoyed a trip in to the city late last week, heading in via public transport and taking a walk around the city ..... we found ourselves strolling past the cathedral and it was lovely to see the floral tributes to the late Queen. We also enjoyed some pleasant conversation in the sunshine at a couple of bars (hard to imagine, I know!) before heading to our restaurant for the evening, such a pleasant way to spend an afternoon and evening. As we rocked up to the bus stop for our homeward journey, imagine our surprise to find the bus was actually at the stop ..... had to get a wiggle on to get my credit card out, not easy when it's in the backpack which is, well, on your back! Still, we notched up around 5 miles on our outing so those beers won't ALL have had a detrimental effect!
I'll be dipping in and out of the TV coverage of her late Majesty's funeral today - will you?










7 comments:
Oh my, that is the cutest stamp! Love the brick wall stenciling with it. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks.
I love that cute dog Kathy and perfect with the stencilled brick wall for him to be looking over and the stickles on the fur on the hat, also congrats on being one of the favourites over at the HLS stencil challenge with that super card. Glad you had a good walk around the city with a drink or two and then dinner. x
Great Christmas card- especially for a dog lover!
Congratulations on yet more well-deserved recognition xxx
What a stunning card judt love thst stamp shame not new as i would have loved to get one. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz
Such a cute Christmas card. Love that little image.
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge
Barb Housner
Adorable card Kathy. Sounds like you had a wonderful outing. Thank you for entering the Use plaid, gingham or checks Challenge at CHNC.
Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz challenge
Post a Comment