Hope your weekend went well and that you are all geared up for a splendid New Years Eve today. In case I don't get to speak to you personally - HAPPY NEW YEAR, may your 2019 be a good one.
I got some new stash for Christmas and it seemed like the perfect excuse to make a Christmas card - am I the only one who can't seem to stop making them? And why should I? I so enjoy making them .. and I had new stash, what better reason!
|And a closer view of the image panel|
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of green card, cut to mat
- Snippets of white card and green card - die cut using faux stitched nesting squares and the middle size coloured red using copic markers
- Newtons Nook (Slothy Christmas) sloth and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink including once on to white card which was then die cut in to a banner which was then attached to my finished card using dimensional foam tape
- Copic markers and Pro Markers used to colour
- Anita's dimensional gloss and stardust stickles used to embellish and create interest and texture
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 418 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Sweet Stampin' - December 26th challenge - SOMETHING NEW .. the Newtons Nook stamp set was a Christmas gift
- My Time To Craft - challenge No. 387 - SOMETHING NEW - see above
- CASonFriday - challenge No. 148 - MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD - easy, haven't really been able to stop myself!!!
- Winter Wonderland - December 7th challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
It was going great UNTIL I hit it with the WRONG stencil and the WRONG medium
(in this case, gilding wax ... this particular disaster didn't even get photographed -yes, it was THAT bad!)
|Mark II finished|
|Mark II - first two layers - brusho and brusho/gloss gel medium|
|Mark II finished, with a little stamping, a little doodling and an uplifting sentiment|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works)
- Liquitex modelling paste and a metal palette knife
- TCW stencil 507S
- Turquoise brusho and water spritzed
- I then hit it with a Stamposaurus herringbone stencil and rose gold gilding wax ... and this is where it went horribly wrong!! Sadly, I ended up ripping Mark I out of the journal and starting again! ............. on to the MARK II version .....
- Another page of my Crawford and Black journal
- Brusho in turquoise sprinkled on the page and spritzed before allowing to dry
- Brusho in black mixed with Liquitex basics gloss gel medium before applying through the same stencil and setting aside to dry
- Tim Holtz "Idea-ology" self adhesive sentiment
- Paper Artsy image (from EDY21) stamped using Ranger Archival onyx black ink
- Scribblicious blue glitter gel pen (Christmas stash, from The Works) used to colour the circles of my stamped image except for the circle over the "W" in wonderful to which I simply added Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen - to get some twinkle!
- Sakura white gelly roll gel pen to doodle beneath the sentiment
- Love2Create - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- More Mixed Media - December challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES + option of WHITE ... I left way more WHITE space than I usually do
- Stamplorations - December Mixed Media Challenge - ANYTHING MIXED GOES + MUST use STENCILLING