Hope you all had a great weekend AND some sunshine .. have to say that the sun shone here, thank goodness!
I've a birthday card to share with you, using some recent stash (the Tim Holtz image AND the Carabelle background) ...
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- Two pieces of dark grey card, cut to mat
- Using a piece of card with a square aperture cut centrally I applied Distress Ink in salty ocean through the aperture then again through a Tim Holtz mini stencil (from set No. 5) then, with the mask still in place I stamped the Carabelle image (SM10159) using the salty ocean ink
- Removing the mask I stamped the Tim Holtz wheat ear and the sentiment (Impression Obsessions Zenspirations CL533) using Versafine onyx black ink
- I placed the mask back over the inked square and applied a light misting of Krylon matte fixative, to protect the water based inks
- Once my card was assembled I used a Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen to highlight the wheat ears
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 154 - ANYTHING GOES with optional topping of CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 259 - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 321 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 92 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting With Dragonflies - challenge No. 117 - SPECIAL EVENT/CELEBRATE