No lie-in here ... I go out walking with a pal daily ..... during the week we head out at 08:30 but on Saturday it's 09:00 ... not REALLY a lie-in though!
I've a make to share with you today ....... here's how it came about ... I was chatting (electronically) with a pal on the topic of makeup brushes for ink blending. Some little while ago I ordered a set from Amazon and discovered just how cool they are for ink blending. Both my pal and I had ordered a set of mixed sized brushes but were sceptical as to how useful the smaller ones would be ..... I did wonder whether they would work for random lines/tartan so .. here's the experiment. They DO work for random lines and/or tartan but it's a bit like hard work (see below ... and see the size of the tiny brush I'm talking about below in the "materials" pic) and my experiment was not deemed a success. I also tried stencilling lines using the small brush but they bristles found their way under the stencil thus blurring the edges and, frankly, I'll either be using the smaller ones for the eye makeup they were intended for .. or binning them! The larger ones are simply smashing though so I've ordered a set of all the same size and they came with their own little caps so will be perfect travel supplies!
|My Artist Trading Card|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in pearl blue and white
- Using the white snippet and a very small oval makeup brush I applied Memento grey flannel and Paris dusk in a kind of freehand tartan. Those tiny makeup brushes are, IMHO, pretty useless and will be finding their way to the bin - as the slid underneath stencils too, making for a very fuzzy image
- Wendy Vecchi sentiment (from SCS141 "gift of art" and yes .. that is the designers autograph on the right hand side which at least dates the stamps to 2017!) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Craft Emotions foliage stamped using Memento grey flannel and Versafine Clair twilight ink (also deploying a 2nd gen print)
- Silver and blue Tsukeniko gelly roll gel glitter pens used to doodle a border
- Self adhesive faux crystal gemstone