Here's hoping that your week is coming along brilliantly. I've had a busy couple of weeks so have been taking it relatively easy this week .... still making time to hit the ToC (Table of Craftiness) though, and I have an ATC to share with you this morning, I hope you like it as much as I do....... I am so loving this little cutie and she's the perfect size for an ATC too ......
|And a closer view of the image panel itself|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of: Costco double side paper (patterned side) and white
- Paper Artsy (ZN28) image stamped using Memento tuxedo black. I stamped this a second time on to full coverage post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
- With my mask in place I stencilled Memento London fog ink through first a Stamposaurus circles stencil and then a Memory Box grungey square stencil
- With the mask still in place I stamp the Precious Remembrance shop "splatter", "faux stitched border" and sentiment (from "Positive Thoughts") using Ranger Archival majestic violet and Memento tuxedo black inks
- After removing the mask I coloured the image using Faber Castell polychromos pencils blending, where necessary, with Sansodor
- Sakura gell roll glitter gel pen (black) used to trace over the sentiment and add sparkle
|My journal page|
|And a closer view, to show the detail AND the super twinkle of the glass bead glitter gel|
- One page from my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works - such great value that I persuaded two of my "journal buddy's" to invest too!)
- I brayered Fresco banana paint over my journal page, not bothering too much about getting TOTAL coverage and set aside to dry
- Next, I brayered fresco bora bora paint over the top, taking more care with coverage ... whilst it was still wet I knocked back the top layer by placing my Imagination Crafts stencil (MU-43) over the top and "stencilling" with a baby wipe, so the beauty of the banana layer shone through.
- Sheena Douglass circle image (a little sketchy grunge band) stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink and star image using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied (with a palette knife) through the same stencil and over the top of my knocked back image and set aside to dry
- Anita's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, I used the same ink through a TCW stencil (TCW267 stencil ledger) to add some "text" background and interest
- White Posca paint pen used to doodle detail
- Paper Artsy (JOFY09) sentiment stamped on both edges using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
- DragonFly Journeys - challenge No. 124 - FLOWER POWER
- WeLove2Create - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- More Mixed Media - August 5th challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES + option of BRIGHTS ..... I think banana qualifies as BRIGHT, don't you?
- Happy Little Stampers - August Mixed Media challenge - WORDS
- Catch The Bug - August 12th challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD