I trust your week is coming along nicely? As mine is. Nice catch up with a pal on Monday, some time at the Table of Craftiness too - all is right in my world!
Recently, the Simply Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine came out with some fabulous free stamps and stencils and I was by no means the only person (in a private group I belong to) who thought so. Turns out there's about half a dozen of us with the same magazine freebies so, at the weekend, I CHALLENGED them all to make (and post photos) something using one or more of the free goodies. Here's mine below, it uses one stencil and no fewer than five stamps from the set. I had a bit of a catastrophe ... those sentiments are awfully small (making them PERFECT for ATCoins) and one slipped off the acrylic block and on to the floor where I was convinced it would remain, undiscovered, until the vacuum sucked it up ..... enter one husband (my own, I'm pleased to say) and a flashlight and now I have a full set once again! THANK YOU hubby!
|My Artist Trading Coin|
- Snippets of card in white and fuchsia mirri!
- Nesting circular dies to cut the 2½" and 2¼" circles
- This Artist Trading Coin was made using ONLY images and stencils from issue 186 of Simply cardmaking and Papercraft
- I applied Memento tangelo and rosebud through the stencil and then, having removed the stencil, applied dandelion to fill in the "white space"
- The female image was stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and the three words using Memento tuxedo black ink
- I inked up the star image using the rosebud ink
- Challenge Up Your Life - challenge No. 103 - ALL NEW ... in my case new stamps and stencils
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1902 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 234 - ANYTHING GOES
- Dream Valley - challenge No. 193 - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Craft Room Door - January 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
|And a closer view of the sparkle! Christmas can NEVER have too much sparkle!|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of navy card, cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and navy
- Full coverage adhesive "post-It" - used as a mask for my bear image
- MFT bear image (BB-40 "Polar Bear Pals") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- With my post it mask in place I applied Memento Paris dusk ink through my Memory Box stencil (88517) using my Aldo stencil brush
- Mask still in place I stamped my splatter image (Paper Artsy HTPX01) using Memento London fog ink
- Copic markers to colour image
- Hero Arts sentiment (CL343) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
- Diamond stickles to add some festive "bling"
- ABC Christmas - January 2nd challenge - "A" is for ANYTHING CHRISTMAS or "B" is for BERRIES - I think you can see I went with "A"!
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 96 - ADD SOME SPARKLE
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - January challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Crazy For CAS - challenge No. 13 - ANIMAL
- Cutie Pie - challenge No. 131 - CUTE, CLEAN AND SIMPLE