Hope you all had a nice weekend (and Fathers Day) despite the weather's best attempts to ruin your plans! We had a lovely meal out, with my brother and sister-in-law .... sadly marred by poor service but I'm calling the evening a great success otherwise!
Had to make a card to help some friends celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary ... bit of a milestone. They were having a party on Saturday but we had already booked an evening with family so couldn't make it - still, hoping the party went really well. My card? Well, my friend loves pink and there HAD to be gold so ..... I put away my little chevron stamp (seen on pretty much ALL of last week's makes!) and reached for my foil .....
|And a closer view of the foiling|
|And a view of the inked, stamped and gluesticked panel|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of gold pearlescent card, cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and deep brown, for my image sentiment
- On the smaller piece of white card I applied Distress Ink in picked raspberry using a mini blending tool, adding just a little wilted violet around the outer edges
- Using a Studio Light image (from grunge collection #5) stamped using Memento rosebud ink, I stamped all over the panel
- Carabelle heart stencil (flight of hearts MA60051) placed over the inked panel and a glue stick liberally applied and burnished through the stencil - using the trusty fingers! After removing the stencil I applied sheet gold foil, burnishing firmly with the same (now clean) trusty finger!, before leaving for a few hours to "cure"
- Avery Elle sentiment (ST-18-07) stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versafine Clair nocturne ink before cutting in to a banner shape and mounting on to the deep brown matting layer
- Aloha Friday - challenge No. 145 - CONGRATULATIONS
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
- Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 229 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 434 - ANYTHING GOES
- Stamplorations - June challenge - MIXED MEDIA - MUST use a stencil ... used inks, dies, stencils/foiling and stamping