Hope you enjoyed your weekend of freaky weather .... what with the wind and the rain it shouldn't be a surprise that there was snow in the mix too - hope none of you visitors to my blog this morning have been badly affected by either of these phenomena.
It has to be said that we've had a number of days (lately) when there's really been no reason NOT to stay in and craft!!! Here's a mixed media ATC which deploys inks (both brushed on, blended, stencilled and stamped), stencilling (with ink and gel medium), rubber stamping and foiling - IMHO pretty mixed media! AND I got to use up some card snippets so I'm calling this a double result!
|My Artist Trading Card|
|And a closer view of the stencilling, inking and foiling|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in red and white
- Using an Aldi stencil brush I applied Versafine Clair tulip red ink across the snippet of white card.
- Placing a Memeory Box mesh stencil (88517) I applied the tulip red ink in the same manner as before
- Paper Artsy heart image (from ESN23) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Once the inks were dry I placed my Carabelle hearts stencil (MA60051) over the image panel and taped in place before applying liquitex basics clear gloss gel medium and setting aside to dry
- Once dry I decided it lacked some definition ..... using a Tim Holtz mini blender and Distress Ink in candied apple I coloured in the areas where the stencil had been, rubbing the excess from the gloss gel medium and setting with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine
- WRMK hot foiling pen and gold sheet foil for adding the border
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 348 - USE SNIPPETS
- Happy Little Stampers - March challenge - HEARTS
- WeLove2Craft - March challenge - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Mix It Up - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) INKED BACKGROUND
- A Inky Mess - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES