Morning readers,
I'm hoping none of you are superstitious ..... if so, my apologies for drawing it to your attention.
Had a lovely catch up with a pal on Wednesday - we met for lunch, I booked a table, we rocked up, restaurant CLOSED!!! They were most apologetic when they finally opened, apparently no-one had actually checked the bookings and they "decided" to open later!! Not happy but ... my pal and I amused ourselves at a nearby B&M ..... where we acquired craft goodies. Lunch, when it arrived was very nice and my pal and I thoroughly enjoyed our catch up, time flew - we met at 11 and, before we knew it, it was gone 4pm! Thanks Amanda - see you next time, in your neck of the woods.
![]() |
| My pearl water colours and glitter markers! |
I've a pair of makes to share with you today ....... spookily enough - NO STAMPING on this project. It's a couple of scrap layouts recording our Christmas break. Long story short, I ordered a refillable advent calendar (house shaped, with drawers) from The Works and then ordered some double sided Christmas paper from Amazon, to decorate it ... in itself a sound plan. However, when the advent calendar arrived, it was already decorated!! Noooooo, what ever shall I do with the Christmas paper? Cue a scrap layout using two of the double sided sheets - YAY!
Materials used:
- 2 Sheets of Designer Christmas paper, from Amazon
- Computer printed photos and journaling
- Hampton Arts Christmas tree die
- Snippets of green card (for die cutting)
- Washi tape
- Paper doily's which I've had FOREVER so, to use three of them is a result I'm very happy with!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Love to Craft - challenge No. 72 - ANYTHING GOES
- Challenge YOUrself - challenge No. 109 - A LAYOUT OF 2022 (must include a photo of self within) - check ... layout 1 of 2
And now for a thank you card .... I was recently lucky enough to win four stamps as a prize over at the Snippets playground, one of which was a thank you sentiment and another the floral image used below too - seemed appropriate that I should crack the seal and make a thank you card ...
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white and grey, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippet of white card, for my image panel
- Crafty Individuals floral image (CI-113 - Jan 2023 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Inkylicious sentiment ("thank you calligraphy" - Jan 2023 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
- Daler Rowney pearlescent acrylic ink in sundown magenta used to "water colour" my image
- Narrow glitter "washi tape"
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 46 - USE NBUS
- Allsorts - challenge No. 710 - SOMETHING NEW (both stamps and my acrylic ink)
- Sweet Stampin' - Jan 7th challenge - NEW (see above)
- Beyond the Blue - challenge No. 77 - SOMETHING NEW
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 485 - ANYTHING GOES









13 comments:
Kathy, your 2-page Christmas layout is absolutely beautiful. I love all of the photos and your paper doilies! They make a wonderful addition! Thank you once again for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. YAY!!! (And "thanks" for bringing Friday the 13th to my attention - LOL!)
A pretty creation with your Snippets win Kathy, many thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
B x
Such beautiful creations and congrats on your win at Snippets Playground!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Brilliant Christmas scrapbooking layouts with that fun paper.
Superb thank you card that I am proudly displaying on the sideboard at the moment! Really love that flower stamp and the silky colour you used on it.
Happy Friday!
xxx
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m
The monochrome design is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey
Glad you eventually made it into the restaurant for your catch up and lunch with a friend Kathy, and at least you got a bit of fresh crafty stash whilst you waited. I love your layouts and the red and green baubles and stripes look great and some pretty added trees to to decorate your lovely photos. The 'thank you' card is so pretty too using your new CI stamps and the two pink tones are terrific, and can imagine the wonderful pearlescent finish of the watercoloured flowers, and the swirly style of the 'thank you' goes perfectly. x
Fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x
You turned your "oh no" into a win!! This is perfect and an excellent way to use up that paper. Great design. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.
So beautiful those pages!! And such great photos! Also love the cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!
Hello Kathy, a fabulous scrap layout there and I love your elegant card! Looks like you've put your win to good use!!
Apologies for being late to say thank you for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' for our last challenge, hope to see you in the one that starts today! Sarah - Sweet Stampin' DT
Kathy, your double page layout is beautiful!! Love the design!! Thank you for join us at Challenge YOUrself this month.
Great two-pager! Wonderful holiday memories. Thank you for joining us again at Challenge YOUrself.
Post a Comment