Morning readers,
I know it's not a Bank Holiday weekend but ... got plans for the weekend? I hope you all have something nice to look forward to.
I've a make to share with you today .......
I've a make to share with you today .......
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and pink, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in white and pink, for my image panel
- Using a makeup brush and Memento rosebud ink, I applied a light layer of pink to the white snippet before overlaying the Carta Bella stencil (CBHA 56033 "Bat Bones") and adding further colour
- With the stencil still in place I applied a fairly random layer of a glue stick, burnishing with my fingers.
- After removing (and washing) the stencil, I added a sheet of gold foil, again, burnishing firmly with my fingers - I then left it to "dry" for an hour or so before removing the foil, I LOVE the slightly random and grungey effect this method of foiling has.
- Tim Holtz Artistry image (from CSS27836 "Nature's elements") stamped using Versafine onyx black and Versafine Clair charming pink inks
- Silver glitter washi tape
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Stencil Fun - May challenge - USE A STENCIL + (optional) GIRLY
- Snippets Playground - challenge No. 480 - USE SNIPPETS
- Ally's Angels - challenge No. 82 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creations in Pink - challenge No. 70 - ANYTHING (mainly pink) GOES
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges - challenge No. 176 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
We've recently returned from vacation and .... here are some more pix. We got woken up one morning, at 05:00, by a "CLUNK". I wandered about the place, looking for the source of the clunk but without success. I didn't go out on to the pool deck as it's still pretty dark at 05:00. However, once it got light, we spotted that the pool net and brush were lying on the deck instead of being propped against the wall and (donning deerstalker and magnifying glass) there appeared to be evidence of the presence of an animal! Hmmm, further investigations and, yes, we were right, it was a bunny - cute as a button but still an unwanted intruder so ... we herded it to the exit as gently as we could and then, of course, had to sweep up and hose down the pool deck!!!













6 comments:
Lovely CAS card Kathy, the stencilling effect looks really great. Brilliant selection of holiday photos too, and what a cute (if somewhat disruptive) bunny!
Pauline xx
Very pretty card in pink with the silhouette flowers. The gold foiling adds that extra something special.
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse (rather than the pool deck) with something chilled later! xxx
I love your pink and white colour combination Kathy with the added silver glitter washi tape across the middle and the golding foiling over the stencilling has added some very pretty glints of gold, and the TH black silhouette flowers look beautiful over the top. More super photos of your vacation, and glad you managed to find and remove the bunny intruder. x
OH! Very pretty Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power
I always think that pink, white and black/grey truly are a match made in Heaven! Love your card, with the added foiling - lovely touch. Nice stencil there as well. Great photos from your travels - you missed - more RAIN - here!
Hugs
Di xx
Amazing card. wauw Thanks for entering you card at Sparkles Monthly challenges
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia
Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls
Post a Comment