Friday, 1 November 2024

TGIF - another weekend is on the horizon!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... I saw this technique around on the internet but foolishly didn't make a note of who's make I spotted (CASE'd). Liked the effect alot so thought I would have a go. I used a muted palette which I felt suited the two matting colours I'd chosen and a sympathy card evolved. Nobody LIKES to make those sorts of cards but it's always good to have at least one in reserve.

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white, light grey and mid grey, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Using low tack tape, I masked off an area to the bottom right of my card front.
  • Using a blending brush I applied (ombre style) Distress Inks in faded jeans and hickory smoke
  • TPC Studio image (from ST51109 "Autumn Harvest") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (I stamped this image elsewhere using Ranger Archival watering can ink)
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment (from VO09) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • A quick spritz with Krylon fixative, to protect the water based Distress Inks and "Voila!"

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. CRAFT - challenge No. 738 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 583 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Dream Valley - challenge No. 324 - ANYTHING GOES
I recently discovered that one of my cards had been picked as a random winner over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies (challenge No. 2442) - thanks so much peeps

5 comments:

Aquarius said...

As you say it's good to have at least one such card in hand should it be needed and this one is just perfect. Great technique

Pat said...

I love the wonderful Autumn Harvest image, and the ombre style masked off area fading out from the corner looks great with the sentiment stamped over it makes a lovely sympathy card Kathy. Congrats on your random win over at PIP with your pretty foiled hearts. x

Sarn said...

Brilliant and stylish sympathy card. Top marks.

Congrats on your recognition too xxx

Taty said...


the card is beautiful, very elegant and refined. Thank you for joining C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Taty x DT

Sheryl said...

A very elegant and sympathetic card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT