Morning readers,
As we rush towards Christmas, people want to meet up for meals/catch ups and present exchanges - well, that's the USUAL plan around this time of year, sadly, hubby's still pretty poorly so we've had to cancel two get togethers already ..... must check my diary to see when the next one is and then keep my fingers crossed.
I've a make to share with you today ....... I saw a card deploying this technique, on Facebook, and thought I could adapt it to suit the card idea I had in my head but which hadn't translated successfully to a card. This, therefore, was Plan B! Works a whole lot better, IMHO! Perhaps an unusual choice of colour for a Christmas card but .... I think I LIKE it and I hope you do too.
I've a make to share with you today ....... I saw a card deploying this technique, on Facebook, and thought I could adapt it to suit the card idea I had in my head but which hadn't translated successfully to a card. This, therefore, was Plan B! Works a whole lot better, IMHO! Perhaps an unusual choice of colour for a Christmas card but .... I think I LIKE it and I hope you do too.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white, kraft, pearl cream and deep brown, for my card front, insert and matting
- Penny Black image (from "Joyous") and Julie Hickey sentiment (from DS-HE1055) stamped using Versamark embossing inks and also (elsewhere on the card/envelope) Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- White embossing powder sprinkled over my image and sentiment, the excess shaken off and then the project was heat set
- Using a piece of scrap card, I cut a 2" diameter aperture which I used to draw a circle on my card front, using a Quickie glue pen and a bit of doodling - which I then set aside to dry
- Once my glue lines had dried to tacky, I overlaid gold foil and burnished firmly with my fingers
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Penny Black Saturday Challenge - December challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) CHRISTMAS
- HLS - December CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FESTIVE ANIMALS
- The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 153 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Christmas Kickstart - challenge No. 81 - IF IT'S CHRISTMAS-Y LINK IT UP
- Little Red Wagon - challenge No. 735 - MERRY CHRISTMAS








7 comments:
Beautiful Christmas card. Love the heat embossing and foiling combo. Very effective.
Hope Mr K feels better soon xxx
Very stylish Kathy. I’ve never tried foiling but I saw this idea and am rather tempted.
Pauline x
The white embossed pine branch and cones and sentiment look great against the dark brown card Kathy, and love the look of it matted onto the kraft card. The circle embellished with the gold foil is very cleverly done, and it is a very pretty card. x
Beautiful card Kathy, the heat embossing and the foil is very effective. xx
This is lovely, Kathy, and looks so elegant. I love the colours together. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x
LOVELY!!!!!
Thanks for joining in the Penny Black Saturday challenge!!!!
What a fabulous Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.
Post a Comment