Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning readers,

Last weekend I was away at an annual craft retreat, this year in Abingdon, if you would like to see some pix of the fun we had then please do check out this link here, thanks peeps.

Recently acquired the Creative Expressions clear stamp set called Snowflake Kisses - LOVE IT! Have used 6 of the 10 images already, making it one of my better purchase as there are no images that I will NOT use, it's just a case of getting round to it. Expect to see more of this set ...

My card
And a closer view which, I HOPE, will show the sprakle
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used
  • 18 x 12½cm white, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 17 x 11½cm
  • One piece of grey pearl card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped my Paper Artsy sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink before matting on to a snippet of pearl grey card
  • Creative Expressions snowflake border stamp twice (one up and one down) using Versafine Imperial blue ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling it up!



Whilst similar in design to a card posted recently (see it here) I used a different image and colour and a stamped border instead of ribbon. On that basis I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. CASology - challenge No. 241 - MELT .... well, snowflakes MELT, don't they?
  2. Seasons Greetings - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. The Holly and the Ivy - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Christmas Card Challenge - challenge No. 8 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES + OPTIONAL twist see below
 

And next ... something I almost never use .. washi tape!


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
And a closer view which shows the washi tape
Materials used:
  • 18 x 12½cm, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 200gsm white card cut to 17 x 11½cm
  • One piece of black 250gsm card cut to 17½ x 12cm
  • Snippets of card in both white and black
  • Stampers Anonymous image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faber Castell Polychromos pencils used to apply colour to image and background
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Three strips of washi tape to add interest
  • Three faux crystal gemstones to "bling it up" too!



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No.320 - CAS and USE WASHI TAPE
  2. Stamps, Ink, Paper - challenge No. 91 - Andrea's birthday so BIRTHDAY
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - March 21st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Incy Wincy - March 20th challenge - BIRTHDAY

Since it IS WOYWW, here's a sneaky peek at my desk! I'll be entering this over at Julia's WOYWW challenge No. 407 where I shall be entry #12. Sorry to have been AWOL from this super sociable challenge peeps, what with trouble with my wrist, a few days in Blackpool and then Craftathon last weekend I've not had the opportunity to enter - hope you will forgive my absence!


Yes, that IS an early birthday present of Polychromos pencils, and lots of them!
All I have to do now is learn how to use them! .... properly!

39 comments:

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW. I love snowflake stamps - and those sparkly images are fantastic. I have my eye on the Polychromos pencils. Got some cheaper ones from WH Smith, which are actually quite good - and I also love my Derwent Inktense ones. I often grab pencils for adding some colour to a project - so quick and simple. Ali x #10

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. Gorgeous card. Those stamps are so lovely - a great find. You could use some as flowers rather than snowflakes depending on the colour of ink, maybe?? Oh, such a lovely neat workspace this morning... green envy going on here! Absence isn't a problem, and you can consider yourself well and truly forgiven :-)
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

ooooh, pencil envy!! Look at all those glorious colours - lush! I love the card too, so simple and elegant..that's the one I'd buy in the shops!
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I love the card and the matching envelope. I have that stamp set too; it is lush isn't it. I'm feeling a little envious of all those polychromo pencils. Happy WOYWW Sarah #26

SARN said...

FABULOUS Snowflake Kisses card Kathy. Can't wait to see more cards made with the set.

Happy WOYWW . . .I have fond memories of that desk!

Hugs, Sarn xx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love what you've done with that stamp set. I have a funny feeling that it may be falling into my basket somewhere along the line!
Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxXx

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh, those snowflake stamps are gorgeous, and I love what you've done with them so far. I also love the elegant birthday card - a clever and effective use of washi tape too.
Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by mine earlier,
Diana #19

Sharon Koole said...

Pretty cards! I really like the one with the woman stamp on it. The snowflakes are pretty too but at this point I've seen enough of the real thing to last me a while. The ink colour is gorgeous.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K#34

Heidi Stamps said...

That snowflake border is beautiful and I love how you made some envelopes to go with too!

Marit said...

Djee... Christmascards in March, you ARE early! I do love the snowflake stamps although I am happy we have Spring weather here in HOlland today and no snow! The pencil box is awesome!! Never can have too much colors on your table, ha! Thanks for your visit earlier, happy woyww and a big hug from the Netherlands. Marit #25

Jan Ltc said...

Great workdesk & projects xx Jan (41)

BJ said...

ooo rainbow pencils, love them and super snowflake stamps too. Love how you decorate the envelopes too. Thanks for visiting me BJ#29

Helen said...

looks like your weekend was lots of fun - and you've been busy since, too! Helen #2

donna garner said...

The polychromos wax pencils are easy - you lay a base of wax colour first with a colour of your choice, work over with your other colours on top and Finish with a top of ecru or white,over it all to belnd blend blend... unless you work many layers with plenty of the wax colour you might struggle to blend, and they are quite firm pencils so its worth keeping them warm ( in your hands before you use), also have a care sharpening, I use a blade, you can lose a lot of pencil trying to use a pencil sharpener! If you are a mixed media bod do this as last layer as not much goes over wax ...Fun great fun and the quality of the pigments will not disappoint you... Dx @43

Sharon said...

What wonderful snowflake cards Kathy - can see why those stamps will be a favourite. Love your card for LIM and I must say that I'm with you on not using washi tape normally but you married the perfect washi tape to that gorgeous image. It is divinely classy! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

lilian said...

Love those Snowflake kisses, great cards,

Happy WOYWDW

lilian

cheryl said...

Oh these are super cards hun always love the way you decorate your envelopes too hugs cheryl xxx

catherine said...

Great card kathy and looks like a very good stamp you have there. Glad to see my washi tape addiction is rubbing of on you-haha
x catherine

Neet said...

Great cards, love how you have used the various images.
Hugs, and Thanks for visiting me - Neet 8 x

Angela Radford said...

Great stamps, it's never too soon to start your Christmas cards and I loving these. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

Pat said...

This is a great set of stamps and has made another pretty card Kathy, and the SA rather chic lady with her lovely red jacket looks wonderful with the three strips of washy tape and the perfect sentiment too. I love that large set of FC pencils, and I'm sure you will find they give a good finish to your colouring. x

Debbie said...

Wonderful cards! I love that snowflake stamp!!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Susan said...

Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

La Papera Gialla said...

Great cards!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Mrs.D said...

Kathy, you have really gone to town with that stamp and made some beautiful cards, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for dropping by my desk.
Chris #9

Sherri Thacker said...

I love the washi tape card. And I love those girl stamps. I've never seen them before. So nice!!

cecilia gunnarsson said...

wow so so wonderful creation and a wonderful design on both cards!!! Love them and love the border!! Its Perfect!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Better late than never Kathy, that's what I'd say and your cards are definitely worth the wait. Lots of superb attention detail, gorgeous crisp stamping and fab use of your washi tapes. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, lots of lovely pencils. You're going to have fun with them, Kathy. I've never mastered the art of colouring with pencils but so admire the work of those who have. Your cards are both beautiful. The washi tape really works well in the second. And, as usual, you've decorated the card inside and the envelope - very nice. Hope your wrist is on the mend. It's taken a year for mine to improve, still not perfect but a whole lot better than it's been. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #30

Monica said...

Thanks for visiting. I am very late today as it is my day to visit a friend 60 miles south. You cards are very chic and stamping the envelope with the focus stamp is a charming idea.
Monica # 38

Esther said...

So envious of that fabulous Polychromos stash! Enjoy! Your cards are fab Kathy, so elegant. Loving the stylish chic of your washi card for our challenge - CAS perfection and with a hint of fun too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work Kathy love your new purchases and crafty items made with them well done you, very efficient use of stamps and love both sets 😊 Happy belated WOYWW too.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x 21

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

SARN said...

D'OH! I am a simpleton sometimes . . . completely forgot to say how much I love your LIM card too. Great image and you've risen to the Washi challenge perfectly xxx

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Hi Kathy, thats a very stylish image to go with your card. Love the simple black and white with the clean lines. Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge. Carolyn xx

Skye said...

Two terrific cards. I love the snowflake stamp, so pretty. Considering you don't use washi tape it worked seamlessly on your Stylish card. Great image.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Wow...what lovely projects. Thank you for joining us at Season's Greetings. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Season's Greetings DT

Jackie C said...

Very, very classy! So glad you joined us at H&I this time, please come back again. Jackie DTmember.

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Kathy! I love the colors of your cards. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Hannelie said...

What a beautiful take on the melt cue card Kathy!
Love it! So glad you joined Casology, thanks for playing with us!