Friday, 3 January 2025

Friday - the first on in 2025!

Morning readers,

Hope your year started well, despite the amber storm warnings in effect for much of the UK. We were dog sitting for a couple of days so got a little more exercise than we did over the Christmas break - and, frankly, that won't do us any harm at all! We also got a little more WET than we had over Christmas! Why IS it that dogs don't seem to care much about the weather?

I've a make to share with you today ... bet you can't guess who it might be for.

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • white, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white, grey and red - for my card front, insert and matting
  • The English Stamp Company bi-plane image stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Clearly Besotted sentiments (from CBSHA126) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and tulip red inks
  • Clearly Besotted stencil (clouds) used with a makeup brush and Memento Bahama blue ink to add "clouds" behind my plane image


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. The Male Room - challenge No. 194 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 749 - BIRTHDAY
  3. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Double D's 9th Birthday challenge - BIRTHDAY
  5. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 587 - ANYTHING GOES


8 comments:

Sarn said...

Nope! Can’t guess who it’s for!!!!!!

Great masculine card for the flying enthusiast! Xxx

Aquarius said...

A great masculine card - could probably hazard a guess if pressed 🤣. Hope the husband has a good birthday.

Pat said...

That's a great card for your husband Kathy, and such a cute little plane flying amongst the clouds..I'm sure he'll love it. x

Liz said...

My guess is it might be for your hubby? 🤣 A great card which I'm sure he'll love.
My great nephew's dog hates going out in the rain. They have been know to cover her with an umbrella if she needs to pop out for a quick wee, otherwise she refuses to go out!
Liz xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love this so much. It's perfectly masculine, I love your design. I hope your hubby appreciates it too!!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a nice card for your husband.

Donna Scholz said...

Kathy, what a great birthday card for your guy! I love how you created those clouds as background for the plane!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at The Male Room!!! -Donna

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome CAS design! Love the scene you have created and the layers on edges. Thank you for joining The Male Room CAS challenge.