Hi there,
And welcome to another weekend, hope the weather is nice where you are - certainly the sun is shining here.
And welcome to another weekend, hope the weather is nice where you are - certainly the sun is shining here.
A big welcome to new follower, Mandi, I hope you will pop back from time to time
Over at the Simply Less Is More blog this week's challenge (hard to believe it's week 16!!!) is: BUTTERFLIES - no other criteria but, as always, Clean And Simple style and so, here is my take on this theme . . .
Materials used:
- 5" square white envelope and card
- Inkadinkado image inked in a Brilliance pearlescent trio
- Mostly Animals sentiment inked in Brilliance pearlescent jade
- Crystal stickles to highlight
And over at Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group the sketch this week is below and features the added twist of: UP UP AND AWAY!! The sketch has been designed and produced by Nicola. Here is the sketch and then my card.
Materials used:
Materials used:
- 5" square white card and envelope
- Piece of the double sided Costco papers with two corners given the Martha Stewart treatment
- English Stamp Co image inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card and die cut to a scalloped oval
- Black card die cut in to a slightly larger die cut oval
- Stamp World sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card and two corners at one end rounded before mounting on to a black layer similarly edged
- Medium Retro punched black flower
- White card candy centred on to the black flower using a dimensional foam pad
- Kaisercraft black pearls
I've been playing with my kindle, uploaded a couple of books and am about two thirds of the way through my first one . . . . and loving it! A fellow kindle owner pointed out yesterday that, with a kindle you only need to get one hand cold in the winter!!! I shall look forward to that!
I also received two more fab cards this morning so my thanks to Marion and Karen.
Happy Saturday everyone.
I also received two more fab cards this morning so my thanks to Marion and Karen.
Happy Saturday everyone.



70 comments:
Lovely cards xx Jan
This is beautiful Kathy, love the image and the colours are lush!
ali x
Counting the days already Kathy lol hope you had a great birthday and got loads of cards I got 26 handmade cards not bad ah loving the cards as always the LiM butterflies is gorjuss love the colour you have used
Jacki xx
Love your butterfly card, Gorgeous stamp and colours
Lovely cards. I love the shading on the butterfly one :-)
I love the glitter on this card, looks great
Magical colours, really glitters and he butterfly is beautiful
Two wonderful cards....I really love the colours,butterflies and layout on your first one an the second is a great male card...
Mandy x
Beautiful butterfly and swirl
Love those colours Kathy
Belated happy Birthday too!
Thank you for entering our challenge again and again
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More
Fabulous butterfly card Kathy. Love the colours.
Lynne xxx
Lovely card,that image is beautiful. xx
I love the colours in the butterfly one, really lovely!
Stacey at 8
x
Well belated Happy Birthday wishes from me hon. Love the butterfly card - it's gorgeous.
Enjoy your Kindle.
Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!
Hi Kathy
Gorgeous card and Colours....
hugs
sylvie
xx
This is such a beautiful card Kathy, lovely stamp and gorgeous colours. Jo x
Beautiful, love the movement and colours.
PS posh stand you have there :)
Fabulous card Kathyk, I love the colours too. Hugs Rita xx
WOW Love them both but the LIM one is amazing, Thanks for popping by my blog, Hazel (no25 this week on LIM)
WOW this card looks amazing in the trio of colours.Linda x
Beautiful card and I just love those colours xx
I really love your butterfly card, pretty and sparkly! (and you've done a brilliant job capturing the sparkle on the photo.... not easy!)
OMG this card is freaking amazing, I love the colours and the image, just winderful!
Beautiful stamp and gorgeous colours. Happy Belated Birthday. x
your LIM card is just gorgeous!!! the colors are amazing...
Gorgeous Kathy! The colour of your butterflies is fab and I love your little aeroplane - it's so cute :) Sarah x
Oh wow I lurve your butterfly card - it's really beautiful. Jeanette
Hi Kathy...
Hope you had a great birthday...pleased that you got my card! I got a kindle for my birthday as well and I love it too...I like finding the free books to download.
Just a question...Why don't you have a purple front door here? We have had a day relaxing by the pool today...it is sooo hot. Just got back from TGI Fridays and it was 84 degrees at half nine.
Kathy, your LIM card is simply fabulous! I LOVE the shimmer...and what a wonderful stamp!
the he colors of the butterflies are stunning, beautiful image
Gorgeous Kathhy
Margaret x
Lovely cards, that butterfly stamp is gorgeous, especially in those colours!
Helen x
Your LIM butterfly card is really beautiful kathy, spookily I too reached for this stamp for my LIM entry. Decided against it (luckily) !!! how could I compete with the loveliness you have created? LOL
Loving your CMLI entry too, you do monochrome soooo... well dahlink :O)
hugs
wynneth
x
Beautiful LIM card, love how you have used the coloured ink pad
Beryl x
Oh gosh never thought of that stamp and in graduated colour brilliant! XOXO Zoe
Wow Kathy, the butterflies one is amazing! Must check out those Brillance trio pads. A triumph. And of course I love your take on the sketch. Can't beat a good airpwane! Nx
Your butterfly card is sooooo gorgeous i love it.....K x
Beautiful card again Kathy, just love the image and the lovely colours, well done again :O) Viv xx
That butterfly image is stunning and I love how you inked it, fab card!
Your card is simply stunning! I love it!
Such a pretty stamp, and lovely inking too!
Fab butterfly card-love the colours and the effect you have achieved. The Kindle is fab isn't it, I love mine, so great when you travel.
Linbyx
A host of wonderful card there. The LIM one is gorgeous, I really like the stamp and the use of the brilliance inks. Like how you displayed the card on your little easel too. Lynn x
Love that butterfly stamp
Belated Birthday Wishes to you!
Wow Kathy, love these, the butterfly one is fabulous .. love the glitter xxx
Love the butterfly card, the stamp is beautiful.Your other card is great too,
Claire x
Very different entry and I love the colours and all the glitter, great colour choice too.
Kath x
A beautiful card Kathy. Love the colours of your butterfly. Sue.x
Wonderful embossing on your butterfly card!
Pretty sparkly butterflies Kathy K! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday, ooh a Kindle mmm me likey too:0) Lucky you! Hope you had a fab day:0) Your cards are lovely , the LIM is fab, love the multi coloured lustre effect , pretty! Beauty sleep's not working yet but I'm not a quitter, LOL :0) xxx
Hello Kathy HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!for to much years.
Tahnk you for your comment and for to visit my blog another week again.
FANTASTIC CRAD!!! i love the tricolour, this stamp is fantastic, a card for summer time.GOOD WORK KATHY.
A hug from Palma
Love the colours on your LIM card, great stamp :)
Jenny x
Belated happy birthday.
I love your butterfly card. the multiple colours are really effective and of course the touch of sparkle just sets it all off nicely.
wonderful.
cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative
This is a fab stamp and I love your inks. A really super card. xx
Belated birthday wishes! Hope you had a great day and wishing you a happy year ahead! :)
And what an awesome card the first one is! Fab stamp and great idea to add shimmer to it!
Wow Kathy, I love the pearlescent look, it's so beautiful!
What a creative gal :)
That butterfly card is just absolutely stunning! I love the colours and the shimmery effect! Beautiful!
Lizy x
Stunning card! love the colours and sparkles.
GORGEOUS CARD... Love the colours love your butterfly image :O)
Hi Kathy
Gorgeous card I so love the colours you've used and love the layout.
Tina
X
Beautiful butterfly card, love the colours x
I too am a Kindle lover! Can't wait to go on holiday with it, save having to take a million books! More room for clothes!
Wendy x
This is just beautiful. I love the colours and the glitter - gorgeous!
Glad you are enjoying your kindle. I LOVE mine. It always amazes me that I cn be reading a new book in seconds.
Caroline xxx
Wonderful cards!! Love the pearlesence and the lovely cascade of butterflies...lovely!!
I haven't seen this stamp before but it's beautiful and I love the colours you've used. Hazel x
Oh, Happy Birthday & I do love the colours on your card.
Both lovely cards. Your LiM butterfly is absolutely STUNNING! Lisa x
What a beautiful butterfly stamp and I love what you have done with it for the LIM challenge :-)
Hugs xx
what a beautiful butterfly card! i tried the same colours, but it got trashed. yours is gorgeous!
It's stunning! Gorgeous stamp! thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog - very much appreciated x
Both of your cards are super. However, your butterfly is absolutely stunning! I adore that stamp and it's so beautiful in the brilliance (my favourite colours too!). Fab!
Post a Comment