Friday, 23 May 2025

TGIF, another weekend is upon us

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... deliberately left sentiment free as I have someone in mind for this and she prefers her cards to be left sentiment free, so she can choose the occasion.

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and brick red
  • Card in brown, from which I had die cut the rectangle, to use as a maks
  • With my mask taped in place and using a makeup brush I applied Distress Inks in worn lipstick, barn door, fired brick, dusky concord and black soot - until I was happy with the colour
  • Quick spritz of Krylon fixative, to protect the water based inks
  • Penny Black image (from "Woodland Beauty") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Tattered Angels "glimmer mist" - pearl - used to add a little shimmer

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Penny Black Saturday Challenge - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) MONOCHROME
  2. Try It On Tuesday - May 13th challenge - KEEP IT SIMPLE
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 597 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CRAFT - challenge No. 755 - ANYTHING GOES

11 comments:

Sarn said...

An awesome CAS card. Love it xxx

Sheryl said...

A lovely card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Pat said...

Beautiful masked rectangle and I love the colour Kathy, and the silhouette foliage looks great over the top. x

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Kathy.
Liz xx

Lillianb said...

great card Kathy

Aquarius said...

A lovely mix of colours to showcase the stamped image

Stephanie Serrano said...

Beautiful!

Pauline C said...

Ther stylus a la CAS card Kathy, love the ink blending x

Taty said...

Hi Kathyk, the card is beautiful, with a simple and clean style it looks elegant and refined. The small background with the droplets is wonderful and highlights the flowers, congratulations and good luck. Thanks for joining the CRAFT Challenge Tatiana x DT

Mrs.B said...

Another lovely CAS card Kathy,
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x