Wednesday, 16 July 2025

Wednesday once more!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... one of the dreaded One Layer Cards - I often find them so tricky as part of me feels like they need a co-ordinating matting layer ... am I wrong?

Materials used:

  • White 300gsm C6 card and envelope
  • TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine nocturne ink
  • IndigoBlu images (from IND0523 - July 2025 - another two NBUS from a recent purchase, don't you love it when you get to use most of a set of stamps?) stamped using Versafine Clair cheerful and paradise inks
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the birthday card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. NBUS - challenge No. 76 - USE NBUS
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 305 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2528 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Dream Valley - challenge No. 340 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 257 - ANYTHING GOES


Well, it was a birthday party yesterday .... yes, we know it was a school night but .... it was a 72nd birthday so - had to be celebrated, didn't it? Yes, he got a new shirt AND new flip flops! Thanks to Nick and Alan for a lovely evening.


6 comments:

Lillianb said...

I often struggle with one layer cards as well Kathy, but love the affect when finished Great card Kathy, and glad you had a great evening

Aquarius said...

Great that you are enjoying this set of stamps (a bargain too by the looks of it). I tend to agree when it comes to one layer cards, they seem to lack something when I try to make them. Yours looks fine BTW but it would do equally well with a toning mat layer 😉

Pauline C said...

This is a great CAS one layer card Kathy - love it! xx

Sarn said...

I love this CAS OLC card made with your new set of stamps. It's very appealing to me. I like both types of card making - one layer or matted and layered.

Looks like a lot of fun at the birthday party xxx

Tracie said...

I just love your CAS card. The colors are just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

Pat said...

The shapes of these stamps are really interesting and fun Kathy and perfect in blue and yellow. Great photos of the birthday party..it looks like fun was had by all. x