Morning readers,
How was your weekend? Quiet, I expect, like everyone elses! We had a snow warning in effect on Saturday but got nothing .... Sunday, we had snow from early afternoon. It wasn't heavy so it was never going to amount to much but ...... guess the forecasters missed the mark by just a smidge! I'm not sorry, I LOVE to look at snow but moving around in it? Not so much! Gave me an excuse to spend time at the ToC (Table of Craftiness), resulting in three makes on today's blog post ... OK so the first one was made a few days ago (being a commission) ... hope you enjoy looking at them.
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's a commission card and the birthday is now past so it's safe to share here ....
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's a commission card and the birthday is now past so it's safe to share here ....
Materials used:
- White C6/A2. 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of Paper Mill post box red card, cut to mat
- KanBan card image stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink (including once on to full coverage post-it which I fussy cut to use as a mask) and "18" from the same set ("Retro cars 18-21") stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Dovecraft sentiment (DCSTP106) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- With my mask in place over the car I used makeup brushes to apply Memento London fog ink through the Memory Box (88517) and That's Crafty (tc029) stencils.
- StudioLight image(from SL363) stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Paper Artsy splatter (from HPXT01) stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
- After removing the mask I used Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour my image
- Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen used to trace over the large font of the sentiment - to add bling
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Paper Minutes - challenge No. 676 - FLY AND/OR DRIVE
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2105 - ANYTHING GOES
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 206 - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES + (optional) VELLUM
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 200 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for an Artist Trading Card, such a great way to use up those pesky snippet leftovers! I've seen a few makes recently which have used either the exact same flowers or similar and ... since I had them too, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable excuse to get them inky! I have lots (and LOTS) of stamps and, in fairness, some of them don't see ink anywhere near enough so any excuse to get them inky works - in my book!
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in chocolate brown and white
- Carabelle image (from SA60118) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
- Dylusions flower stamped twice on to another snippet of white card, coloured using Faber Castell polychromos pencils and then fussy cut out, once the entire flower and the second just the central section .. which I then attached to the entire flower using Stix2 dimensional foam squares
- Using a makeup brush and a Tim Holtz mini stencil (from set #14) I applied Memento dandelion ink (there was some residual ink on my makeup brush but, actually, I LIKE the way it altered the colour a little.
- Stamplorations sentiment (from Noteworthy) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Once the background was finished I adhered my 3D flower in place
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 178 - ANYTHING GOES
- Fusion Card Challenge- Jan 21st challenge - FLOWERS (see graphic below) I went just with the flower inspiration
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - Simon Says ANYTHING GOES
- The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 2721 - ANYTHING GOES
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING GOES

And, strangely enough, as mentioned earlier, I have a THIRD make to share today having been unusually productive over the weekend! This one has lots of white space, back in my comfort zone!
Materials used:
- White, 250gs, 6" x 6" card and matching envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of crushed strawberry textured card (from Textura Select cardstock stack), cut to mat
- Images from Carabelle SA60118 stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink and Purple delight
- TCP sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink .... a little more subtle than black and makes a nice change!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Addicted to CAS challenge - challenge No. 190 - PATTERN
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 544 - ANY OCCASION
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 306 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
- Avenue 613 - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
- Dare2BArtzy - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES













13 comments:
That 18th Birthday mini card is superb and I really like the little flower ATC. . . BUT I ADORE that final square card with the CAS design.
Happy Monday xxx
This was a bumper bundle Kathy.. a busy time and love the commissioned card with the red Mini Cooper for the 18th birthday, and then the pretty look of the flower on the ATC and the Argyle background works well, and lastly the interesting border strip type images set both horizontally and vertically in the two complementary colours of red and purple, very CAS and pleasing to the eye with the sentiment set in between the two. x
Glad to see you busied yourself in your craft space. You have created some pretty cards that bring someone a smile.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT
Such a great masculine birthday card! Love the colours, the layout and the subtle stencilling - great work! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.
Great makes again Kathy, no snow here yet, fingers crossed we don't get any too lol. Stay safe and well ;) Viv xx
I really like your ATG with the big bold flower. Thanks for sharing it over at Fusion Card Challenge.
Hello, Kathy. Your CAS birthday card with matching envelope has an interesting layout that I like. I particularly like how you positioned your message and design element on the flap of the envelope. Thanks for including it in our challenge at ATCAS!
Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx
I like your adorable car card! Such an awesome image! Thank you very much for joining our challenge this week at PIP Challenges!
Wonderful cards. Love them all. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs, Sandy
Ah, yes, those pesky snippet leftovers! Such trouble, those ones. But seriously, great collection of projects--you did well with your crafty time. Those flower do look like they are good for using those snippets and they are a nice size to be the focal point of a project. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
Lovely collection of cards. I really like the pattern you introduced onto your third card and the colors you chose are really pretty together. Great clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.
sue n.
You have been busy but the effort was well worth it! This is a beautiful suite of cards and each one is nicely crafted! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Post a Comment